by Yeong Sek Yee & Khadijah Shaari
One night, while browsing the Internet, we came across an article (dated August 2013) that really threw us off the chair. The article that stunned us, but which has not been reported in the mainstream media, can be viewed at the following link:
Cancer doctor gives needless chemo in US 35 m fraud....says prosecutors.
As we search further, we came across a more detailed article of the same subject published in MEDPAGE, a medical news portal which can be read at the following link:
Physician Gave Chemo to Patients without Cancer, Feds say
Briefly, in August 2013 Oncologist Dr Farid Fata was arrested for allegedly having scammed US$35 million from Medicare over a two-year period. The following are the main points in the allegations against Dr Farid:
- Deliberately misdiagnosed patients as having cancer to justify unnecessary cancer treatment,
- Deliberately misdiagnosed patients without cancer to justify expensive testing
- Administered chemotherapy unnecessarily to patients who were in remission,
- Administered chemotherapy to end-of-life patients who will not benefit from the treatment,
- Fabricated other diagnoses such as anemia and fatigue to justify unnecessary hematology treatments,
- Unnecessarily distributed controlled substances to patients,
- Administered chemotherapy to patients who had other serious medical conditions that required immediate treatment before being permitted to go to the hospital.
You can read more of Dr Farid Fata’s case (or verify the authenticity of this article) when you google CHEMOTHERAPY FRAUD or just DR FARID FATA or watch the following videos on YouTube:
1) Michigan Oncologist Accused of Giving “Unnecessary Chemotherapy to cancer patients”
2) Cancer doctor deliberately misdiagnoses patients
As at 2 October 2013, Dr Farid Fata is still in prison after his US $ 9 million bond has been revoked pending trial. He faces a 20 year jail sentence.
In December 2012, there was another fraudulent chemotherapy case similar to the above Dr Farid Fata case…read link below:
1) Oncologist Dr. Meera Sachdeva gets 20 years for Medicare fraud
In this case, this is how oncologist Dr Meera Sachdeva defrauded cancer patients at her cancer center –The Rose Cancer Center in Summit, Jordan, USA:
· Syringes were re-used and different patients’ chemotherapy drugs were drawn from the same bag.
· Chemotherapy drugs were diluted,
· Use chemotherapy drugtreatments after their expiration date,
- Submitted claims for chemotherapy services that were supposedly given while she was out of the country,
Dr Meera has been sentenced to a 20–year jail term. You can read more of Dr Meera Sachdeva by just googling her name or watch the following YouTube videos:
1) Summit doctor sentenced for cancer drug fraud.
2) Two plead guilty in chemotherapy fraud case
And there is yet another chemo fraud case that can blow your brains to pieces….watch the video below:
Chemo drugs diluted
Are these the only “isolated” cases or are these just the “tip” of the iceberg? To be diagnosed with cancer is traumatizing enough…but to be cheated by your oncologist/doctor is like rubbing a ton of salt into a big wound. Don’t you think so?
If you have undergone chemotherapy treatment, you may have some comments/experience to share with the rest of the world. Your comments may help to save some fellow cancer patients.
SOME FURTHER RELATED REFERENCES:
If you would like to blow your brains further, read the following:
1) How We Do Harm…this book is written by oncologist Dr Otis Webb Brawley (also chief Medical and scientific officer and Executive Vice President of the American Cancer Society)…the book gives a detail description how cancer patients are mislead and defrauded into unnecessary treatments.
3) Chemotherapy Fraud: Is This Fraud Too Big Even For 60 Minutes? http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/03/10/chemotheraphy-is-medical-fraud.aspx
4) Article: The Cancer Business
5) The Cancer Report
- or YouTube at :
6) Burzynski: Cancer Is Serious Business
7) National Cancer Institute report admits millions have been falsely
treated for ‘cancer’
8) Millions Wrongly Treated for ‘Cancer,’ National Cancer Institute Panel Confirms
ARE YOU SCARED? WE ARE.