KP is a 56-yer-old man. His problems started about 4 years ago, in 2013, when he had coughs and often vomited blood. He was subsequently diagnosed with cancer of the larynx and underwent 12 sessions of radiotherapy and 7 cycles of chemotherapy. This was done at a government hospital.
He was okay after the treatments.
In 2017, i.e. barely 4 years later, KP had difficulty eating. Whatever he ate, he vomited it out. HIs stomach felt uncomfortable. He felt very tired.
A CT scan done in a private hospital in July 2017, showed the following:
- Multiple masses in both liver lobes. The largest is about 7.5 x 8.6 x 14 cm.
- The mass compressed the inferior vena cava and the right adrenal.
- Right vocal cord paralysis.
- Mild ascites.
- Abdominal paraorta and aortocaval adeonopathy.
The doctor told KP that nothing more could be done. He was asked to go home — without any medication, and wait to die.
Listen to what his daughter told us this morning.
Part 1: Go home and wait to die
Part 2: Doctor has given up. Anything CA Care can do for him?
- Doctors can treat cancers, but they CANNOT cure them, even with their so-called scientifically proven magic bullets — surgery, chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
- Doctors know how to treat patients but they don’t know how to make patients healthy.
- Sometimes, doctors play god, which often may make the patients much worse off after the consultation. Perhaps it would be much better if doctors don’t say anything at all.