Part 1: Disaster – twenty months after surgery!
Part 2: Chemotherapy rescued her.
Part 3: After chemotherapy she opted for ca care therapy.
On 15 September 2022, we received an email from Lucy asking for help. Although Lucy’s metastases seemed to have gone away, Lucy had many problems (see table below). That means she is not out of the woods yet.
To be fair, before Lucy was started on our therapy, I asked Lucy to take note of the following:
1. NO CURE FOR CANCER. Most patients who come to us have already undergone medical treatments – surgery, radiation or chemo. Do these cure them? If you come here expecting me to cure you, know that I too cannot cure your cancer. From my experience, NO one on earth can cure any cancer. After some years, the cancer comes back again! But if you want me to help you – to give you another option, to have a better quality of life — may be it is possible. But it all depend on you. Because your health is your responsibility. Are you willing to help yourself? Are you willing to change your lifestyle, your diet, etc.?
2. OUR HERBS ARE BAD-TASTING, AND HAVE AWFUL SMELL. Besides the bad taste and smell, you need to boil the herbs a few times a day — that’s a lot of work! You need to take two, three or four types of teas each day.
3. YOU MUST TAKE CARE OF YOUR DIET – YOU CANNOT EAT ANYTHING YOU LIKE. You cannot eat anything that walks – meaning, no meat, no egg, no milk, etc. Don’t take sugar. Cancer feeds on sugar. Don’t eat oily or fried food, table salt.
4. TRY OUR THERAPY FOR TWO TO FOUR WEEKS. May be during the first 2 weeks on our therapy, you may suffer more pain, feel more tired, etc. That’s healing crisis. Don’t stop. Hopefully after 3 to 4 weeks you may feel better. If you don’t feel better after a month on our therapy — i.e., the herbs are not helping you in anyway — then stop following our therapy. Please ask someone else to help you. If you feel better, continue with our therapy.
Above all these, let me say this: You must believe in what we do. If you think that our therapy is not scientific, not proven or just hocus pocus, then there is no reason for you to see us.
Lucy understood the above fully well and decided to try our therapy. This is what happened after one month on our therapy.
I asked Lucy to give a score of 0 to 10 for all her problems, 0 = very serious condition, and 10 = no problem or excellent condition.
As a summary, Lucy wrote:
Dear Dr. Chris,
Overall, there is much improvement. Thank you and heartfelt gratitude.
After taking the herbs for one month:
- Yes, the Pain tea helps my backache and knees. Feeling good today while working
- The Pain tea helps reduce the pain in the chest, knees, neck and backache.
- I can sleep better at night, wake up 5 a.m. or 6 a.m.
- I feel less tired.
- I can breathe better now.
- No more constipation, smooth bowel movement.
- Block nose slightly better (I had it after chemo).
There are still some lingering problems:
- The upper arm swelling has reduced but not the lower arm, maybe 5%.
- There are some spots on both thighs, acne-like on the left ear and one on the buttock.
- The numbness on the left thumb and fingers – no improvement. But there is a slight improvement of the right fingers and both toes. The numbness is after the chemotherapy. After the 3rd chemo, the numbness started gradually and also the swelling. And by the end of the 5th chemo, the whole body swelled up but the oncologist didn’t attend to these problems. Even now, my lower body feels slightly heavy but bearable.
- I noticed there is pain/ache on the knees and back after taking certain food like dhalls, beans.
An Important Decision To Make
Chris: After taking the herbs for one month, do you want to continue with the herbs?
Lucy: Yes, the herbs are really effective and I want to continue with them for another month. Thankful I got to know your therapy.
1. Our herbs are not magic. Getting well after following our therapy for a month does not mean much. But the improvements of one’s health do indicate that our ways of healing cancer is real and effective.
Our experiences have shown that even after 5, 10 or 20 years the cancer can still come back. Sad but true. Therefore I tell patients to continue doing what they are doing that makes them better or well. It makes no sense for them to stop our therapy and go back to their old ways of lives – lives that make them sick in the first place.
2. Learn from the experiences of others. Breast cancer is the number one cancer we have seen. And we are happy to say that over the years, many patients benefited from our therapy – i.e., the change of diet, change of lifestyle and the taking of herbs. Go to our website: http://www.CancerCareMalaysia.com to learn more.
Let me share with you some of the wonderful healings we have seen.
3. Go for effective therapy. Be aware of “fake” claims. Hear what some of these experts say.
Her son died after 4 cycles of chemo for his lymphoma
Ani (not her real name) is a 79-year old Indonesia. About 4 years ago she felt a lump in her right breast and did nothing about it. This did not give her any probelm.
In early March 2021, Ani had her first dose of Sinovac vaccine. Suddenly she had pain on and off but she did not consider it as a serious problem. Six months later she had the second dose of Sinovac. She suffered the same pulling effect and the lump grew bigger and became harder. She also had pain in the right arm pit.
In spite of the problem, Ani was still able to do her regular exercise. But she developed more pain. This prompted her to go to a private hospital in Surabaya for check-up. The report of an ultrasonography done on 29 March 2022 stated :
- Mass in the right breast, size 7.2 x 6.8 x 4.6 cm.
- Highly suspicious for malignancy.
- Left breast is within normal feature.
- No specific lymphadenopathies in both axilla.
- Liver, paraaorta and both supraclavicles are within normal features.
Not satisfied Ani went to a private hospital in Singapore for further consultation. She was asked to do a PET scan and biopsy. She refused.
Ani and her daughter came to a private hospital in Penang on 19 April 2022 (and stayed on until 23 May 2022) and decided to seek treatment here.
Blood test on 20 April 2022:
CEA = 11.0 H
CA 15.3 = 49 H
Full blood picture = Normal with platelet count = 362 (still within range).
Liver function test = Normal.
Ultrasound of both breasts indicated:
- Right breast lobulated hypoechoic lesion. Features are suggestive of an underlying carcinoma.
- Left breast cyst.
- Enlarged and lobulated right axillary lymph nodes, suspicious of metastatic lymph nodes.
Mammogram of both breast showed similar results as USG above.
Chest X-ray showed no pulmonary lesion seen.
USG of abdomen showed no focal liver lesion, normal configuration of the other upper abdominal organs.
Biopsy of the right breast lump confirmed an infiltrating ductal carcinoma.
Ani underwent a right mastectomy and stayed in the hospital was 3 days.
The laboratory report indicated:
- Invasive carcinoma of no special type (NST).
- Tumour measures 4.8 cm in greatest dimension.
- One of 17 nodes examined showed tumour deposits.
- At least Stage 2B, pT2 pN1a pMx.
- Tumour is negative for estrogen receptor, positive for progestrone receptor and negative for c-erbB-2.
The total cost of her medical treatment is this famous private hospital came to about RM20,000. The daughter said they rented an apartment and this cost RM5,000 for their entire stay in Penang.
After the surgery, the surgeon referred Ani to an oncologist in the same hospital. The oncologist asked Ani to do the following:
- PET scan.
- Bone Marrow biopsy and aspiration.
- To take an oral drug.
- The oncologist did not mention radiotherapy.
The consultation with the oncologist cost RM300. Ani was not happy with the oncologist. The surgeon then referred Ani to another oncologist in another cancer hospital.
Ani consulted the second oncologist and was told that she had to:
- Undergo radiotherapy for 5 weeks – possibly 30 times.
- Take an oral drug.
The total cost of the treatment would come to RM20,000 to RM30,000.
Ani refused the suggested treatments. Then one of her sons who lives in Jakarta got to know about CA Care. I then received an email from her daughter below:
Dear Mr. Teo
My name is X. I wrote on behalf of my mother. I would like to make an appointment to see Mr. Teo. Mom has breast cancer and the cancer has been removed already. She just think of cancer treatment using herbs.
We got recommendations from our friends at Jakarta, that Mr. Teo can do therapy using herbs. We haven’t done any chemo yet. We just went to see the oncology doctors to hear what they have to offer. But my mom seems to believe in herbs and she would like to meet you.
Is it possible for Mr. Teo to meet us tomorrow or on Friday.
I had a long chat with Ani and her daughter. Ani presented as a healthy 79-year. She had a bit of pain in site of the surgery. She was able to sleep well and her appetite was good. She could walk normally but felt tired and her back ached if she walked too much.
There are 3 lessons we can learn from Ani’s case.
1. There was a 7.2 x 6.8 x 4.6 cm cm tumour in her breast. She consulted three doctors and all of them indicated it was cancerous. Ani agreed to undergo a surgery to remove the entire right breast. Bravo – that is the right thing to do. Unfortunately not all women are as wise as Ani. Some women preferred to not anything with the cancerous lump until the lump burst! Most of them died due to such “folishness.”
In Ani’s case, she was indeed very fortunate. She had a no special type (NST) cancer! She was able to live with the lump in her breast for about 4 years. She had no problem with it and the cancer did not spread much. Only one of the 17 lymph nodes removed was infected with cancer.
2. After her breast surgery, Ani was firm in not wanting to take any medical drug or undergo radiotherapy or chemotherapy. I was curious why she was so firm in this. Well, we could agree that it may be due to her age – 79 what is there to fight some more?
Did she know anything about chemo or radiotherapy? Yes! The daughter said:
- She did know because my brother had undergone chemotherapy for his lymphoma in Singapore. He died after the 4th cycle. My mother saw with her own eyes what happened and how my brother suffered from the treatment. My brother was only 36 years old then. This was indeed a big trauma for my mother – seeing her son passed away. This tragic episode happened in 2011.
3. My next question – I am now treading on a very sensitive issue!
Let us recall again. Ani had a tumour in her breast and she did nothing. For 4 years she was living with it and it did not give her any problem. Then in March 2021 she had her first dose of vaccine. She started to have pulling pain in her arm and this problem got worse after the second dose of vaccine 6 months later. Then according to Ani, she felt the lump grew bigger. This Ani made go to the hospital for help.
Now you know what happened. A logical question to ask is: Why? I am not going to give my personal comment / opinion. I think there are enough comments in the alternative medical media elsewhere.
Let me just reproduce (below) what I got from the internet that are put out by the mainstream medical media.
Swelling of the lymph nodes after Covid-19 vaccination
Axillary Lymphadenopathy After COVID-19 Vaccination in a Woman With Breast Cancer
JAMA. 2022;327(2):175-176. doi:10.1001/jama.2021.20010
Adenopathy Following COVID-19 Vaccination
This 71-year-old lady was diagnosed with lymphoma and breast cancer. She underwent three rounds of chemotherapy (total of 24 cycles over a period of time). The treatment failed. Her health deteriorated. The family had to sell a house just to pay for the medical bills. At a loss, the family sought our help. The patient was started on our therapy. Her health improved! For sure, there is no need to sell another house to pay for this herbal treatment!
I am in constant contact with her daughter and we monitored the progress of her mother’s health. Below are some details.
1. Are you taking any herbs now? Yes. Mama sometimes drinks teas made from soursop leaves, moringa leaves and white turmeric (kunyit putih).
2. If so, are the herbs effective or helping you? No.
3. Give us a list of your doctor’s medication as well as other vitamins and supplements that you are taking now.
1. Medicine for high blood pressure: Aprovel 150 mg (half a pill) 1 time a day.
2. Diabetes medicine: Glucophage 500 mg (1 pill) once a day.
3. Abatcholestrol: Atorvastatin 10 mg (1 pill) once a day.
4. Concor: 2.5 mg (once a day).
5. Lamivudine was asked by Dr.2 to drink once a day.
6. Megestrol Acetate 160 mg: half a pill, once a day.
7. Famotidine: 20 mg (2 times a day).
8.Nuerobion Forte & Curcuma Force
9. Herballife milk and Herbalife Aloe Vera, every morning & night.
5. My Suggestion
- Herbs – soursop leaves, moringa leaves and white turmeric did not produce any positive reaction. You do not need them anymore.
- Doctor’s medication and supplements (listed above): Continue taking medicines for high blood pressure and diabetes. The others no need to take.
6. Herbs from CA Care
The herbal teas that your mother is going to drink every day are as follows:
1. Capsule A
4. Lympho -1
5. Lympho – 2
7. Health conditions before and after undergoing CA Care therapy
|Health conditions BEFORE undergoing CA Care therapy||Health conditions AFTER undergoing CA Care therapy|
|1. On the right, above the breast often feels uncomfortable as if there is a lump.||Sometimes still feels awkward and uncomfortable. Herbs helped by about 20%.|
|2. Often tired and short of breath.||Now only sometimes. Herbs helped 20%.|
|3. Weak legs||Left and right legs weak. Has improved by about 5%.|
|4. Right hand felt numb.||Left and right finger tips often numb. Has improved somewhat. Herbs helped.|
|5. Had to drink “fiber: before can move bowels defecate.||No need to drink fiber for bowel movements.|
|6. Need to consume appetite medicine, megestrol acetate 160 mg. Half a pill once every day.||No need to take megestrol to help with the appetite.|
|7. Had diabetes since February 2021 due to blood transfusion.||Still has diabetes.|
|8. High blood pressure.||No longer taking medication for high blood pressure.|
|9. Urinate about every 2 to 3 hours.||Urination normal, no more problem.|
|10. Often feel rapid heartbeat if don’t take concor.||If consume concor heart heartbeat normal.|
|11. Appetite.||Appetite has improved.|
|12. No problem with sleeping.||No sleeping problem but wakes up at 4 a.m. and not able to sleep anymore.|
How is your mom’s condition after following CA Care Therapy?
Her health had been pretty good and has improved by about 20%.
The aim of our therapy is heal the sick body – sick due to both the cancer and the adverse effects of chemotherapy given by her doctors. Our therapy involves the consumption of herbal teas, change of diet and life style, medication and prayer. No, our method is not to fight with your cancer but to learn to live with your cancer.
Such method is said to be primitive, unproven and unscientific! People like me are often called snake oil peddler! But hang on, I have never learn how to catch a snake before! I don’t know how to make oil of the snake either!
I am a scientist and was a professor in the university – 26 years teaching there! I started my research to help cancer patients since the past 25 years after I retired. I have documented most of my work in the various books that I wrote. I have never stopped being a scientist and will call a spade a spade. No, I don’t tolerate or manufacture fake data. That is what a scientist should do – seek the truth and not being influenced by material rewards.
In this case, I was cautioned the patient and her family that this is a “hard” case to handle. She had done all the chemos and failed. I could not promise that our therapy would help her. The only promise I could give is, I shall try my best to help you since you have nowhere else to go.
Thank God. With time the patient’s condition improved. After the chemo treatment that failed her, she ended up with some 12 problems as listed in the table above.
After two weeks to three months following our therapy her health started to improve. I have a chance to talk to the patient via video. I was really happy to see that she was well and indeed benefited from our therapy. We can’t ask for more. I hope with time she will get better and better.
So what can you say about this case? Herbal therapy is not scientific? It is all baloney? It is not proven?
Make your own decision after studying the data presented above. I can only say this, not all alternative healers are quacks or snake oil peddlers!
Let me share with you some quotations that often guide me in trying to help our patients.
Lessons I have learned in life when helping those in need …
I have written about Budi in an earlier article He Gets to Keep His Prostate (https://cancercaremalaysia.com/2016/09/05/he-gets-to-keep-his-prostate/)
In 1996 Budi had problems with urination. The doctor suspected BPH – Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. He was prescribed Proscar which he took for about 2 years. With Proscar, his PSA readings were normal.
In 2008, Budi was prescribed Avodart. , Budi was told this was a stronger medicine. He was on this drug for a year. With time, his PSA started to increase. The doctor suspected something was not right and did a digital examination on Budi. There was no swelling.
Budi refused to perform a biopsy because he would not want to undergo any form of medical treatments after that. No, he would not want to have his prostate or testes removed. Neither would he agree to chemotherapy or radiotherapy. Budi told us that his relative had his prostate removed but the PSA still kept going up after 8 years.
Budi came to see us in July 2011 and was started on the herbs. He was doing fine after that. From 11.9 his PSA started to decline. In January 2015 it was 4.6.
Because things went on so well for Budi, he started to eat some “forbidden” foods. In March 2016, his PSA shot up to 8.0 (see table below). Budi said he already knew why the PSA increased. Budi realised his misadventure. He told me: Now, I am already back to my “good diet” again.
From January 2017 to September 2020 his PSA was hovering around 6.5 to 10.3. Life was back to normal again with no anxiety believing that everything was under control.
Fast forward to 1 June 2022, I received this message from Budi.
20 Mei 2022 PSA = 52. Test PSA terakhir 20 bulan yang lalu, 14 September 2020 PSA = 8,6.
Kesalahan saya: Saya makan ngawur, banyak pelanggaran.
My reply: Apa yang harus dibuat sekarang? Tak perlu panik. Cuba berusaha pulih kembali.Sila baca laporan ini:
Palm Beach County urologist seeing false PSA levels in men due to COVID vaccines
by Lena Salzbank Tuesday, June 8th 2021
PALM BEACH COUNTY, Fla. (CBS12) — Dr. Diego Rubinowicz, a urologist in Palm Beach County, says you may get a false PSA reading. The blood level of PSA in men is often elevated when diagnosed with prostate cancer, but Rubinowics says research is showing if you recently got your COVID-19 vaccine, PSA levels could be temporarily elevated. (https://cbs12.com/news/local/palm-beach-county-urologist-seeing-false-psa-levels-in-men-due-to-vaccines).
Budi: Terima kasih banyak Dr.Chris untuk analisanya bahwa masalah PSA saya timbul karena Vaksinasi. .
Semoga dengan berkat Tuhan Yesus PSA saya bisa kembali seperti sediakala.Tahun 2021 saya tidak test PSA karena covid di Surabaya masih tinggi.
According to Budi’s wife, this was what happened.
Let me explain in short what happened to Budi. On May 17, about 4 pm, I came home from a funeral. Budi was standing in front of the mirror. He had difficulty walking and talking. I helped him to a chair. Gave him juice and he was back to normal.
At midnight, I woke up. He was sitting on the bed, pee all over the room and again had difficulty walking and talking. I could only pray for him. And suddenly he was back to normal again.
My son suspected a drop in his blood sugar. The next day the incident happened again at 10 am. So we brought him to the doctor in the evening. The doctor suspected signs of stroke.
The next day he had a blood test. Budi also checked his PSA. He didn’t do his PSA test since covid broke out. He was very shocked when he found out that his PSA was 52. He immediately went back to a strict diet – Chris’ diet.
Today I received this good news from my good friend and patient again!
Hi, Dr. Chris / Beng Im.
Puji Tuhan. PSA saya yang 2 bulan lalu 52,0 kemarin 19 Juli sudah turun banyak jadi 12,8 disebabkan karena :
1. Kemurahan Tuhan Yesus.
2. Dorongan semangat dari DR. Chris.
This is wonderful news, Budi’s PSA dropped to 12.8 from 52.0 after two months of careful management of his diet.
Lessons We Can Learn From This Case
I had a video chat with Budi and his wife via whatsapp. There is no more anxiety. Budi is well and looks healthy and is following his healing protocol strictly.
1. Don’t be complacent. I told Budi that there are many patients who became well and lived for many years after taking our herbs and taking care of their diet. Unfortunately after some years – 5, 10 or 20 years – they became tired of what they were doing that made them well. It call it “healing fatigue”. They stopped taking the herbs and ate what they like. Soon their cancer relapsed.
About a week ago I received this email from the niece of our patient. This is what she wrote:
Hi dr Chris, how are you ?
I want to up date about H’s condition. I think that she’s getting worse. Her coughs were very heavy and sometimes make her not able to breathe.
Anyway, it such a grateful 10 years that God give her. And she’s living her life with joy and happiness. Thanks to you.
Now, her last wish has already come true. Her only son has already finished school and has started working. He is preparing for his wedding and look forward to his mom being there at that moment.
So … we try to make her feel better and oke until that happy day . We hope God give her His mercy for that.
H was diagnosed with synovial sarcoma by the doctors at the Natinal Cancer Centre in Singapore in early 2012.She was asked to undergo chemotherapy. She refused the treatment. Her niece said: The Singapore doctor said my aunty will die within 6 months if she did not do the chemo. If she did the chemo, she could live for another 2 years. No cure.
H and her niece came to seek our help in June 2012 and was prescribed herbs. She was alive and healthy after that. Seven years later, August 2019, we went to Surabaya for a family holiday and had the privilege of meeting H in her hometown. We all went shopping and had lunch together. H was doing fine. Her healing is indeed a great blessing! No less a miracle.
Unfortunately, H suffered from “healing fatigue”. So many years she had stopped taking the herbs and ate what she likes. She suffered a relapse after 10 years.
In the case of Budi, he is already 11 years with us. I believe he will continue to be well if he remains on course. But that is his choice!
2. When the PSA shot up, don’t panic! There is no need to run around like a headless chicken! Try to understand what had gone wrong and rectify it. I asked Budi 2 questions:
a. Did you take care of your diet or you started to eat “jink” food.
About 8 years ago Budi/s PSA shot up 2.3 times from 4.6 to 10.8 due to bad diet. He had learnt his lesson. In September 2020 his PSA was maintained at 8.6. In May 2022 his PSA shot up to 52. After 2 years the value had increased by 6 times. There must something more serious that diet? Then I asked the second question.
b. Did you receive Covid-19 vaccination? Yes, Budi had 3 doses with Sinovac and AstraZenitca. Study the table above.
By asking this question – let it be known that I am not trying to find a scapegoat or someone to blame. It was my sincere desire to find what had gone wrong. Let me also say it up front that I am not anti-vaccine. Every member of my family had received 3 jabs of vaccines, otherwise we will not be able to travel.
However, I also know covid vaccination do give rise to many side effects. Read what the internet said:
COVID-19 vaccine side effect causing false positive cancer screenings.
Cancer experts at MD Anderson are seeing an uptick in mammograms identifying a false positive for breast cancer due to a common side effect of the available COVID-19 vaccines — swollen lymph nodes.
Swelling after COVID-19 shots may cause cancer false alarms.
Sometimes lymph nodes, especially in the armpit, swell after the vaccinations. It’s a normal reaction by the immune system but one that might be mistaken for cancer if it shows up on a mammogram or other scan.(https://medicalxpress.com/news/2021-03-covid-shots-cancer-false-alarms.html).
As stated above, Dr. Diego Rubinowicz, a urologist in Palm Beach County, Florida said that if you recently got your COVID-19 vaccine, PSA levels could be temporarily elevated. (https://cbs12.com/news/local/palm-beach-county-urologist-seeing-false-psa-levels-in-men-due-to-vaccines).
He took care of himself!
John (not his real name) is 38 years old. He, his wife and two daughters live in Johor. I received a message from John in my Facebook asking for more information about our herbal tea, Ko-Gen, which is used to help people with covid.
Before providing my advice, I requested John to answer some questions so that I can understand what is going on.
- Vaccination: Yes.
- Received: Pfizer – 1st dose on 3 July 21, 2nd dose on 20 August 21 and booster dose on 23 January 22.
- Fever or chills for the first 2 nights.
- Cough for the first 4 days.
- Headache for the first 2 nights.
- Runny nose the first 5 days.
- Muscle or body aches for the first 2 days.
- When did your problem start?15 March 2022.
- Home-kit and Rapid Antigen Test in Clinic indicated positive for covid.
- You did not see any doctor at all? If no, why not?
No. This is because there’s no medication for COVID-19 for now.
- What did you do to help yourself with the symptoms?
1. For the first 2 days, I took paracetamol 650mg.
2. For my cough I took Ascentia Androchi capsule.
3. I also took supplements – Vitamin A, C, B6, B12, D3, E, zinc, magnesium.
4. I gargled with Gengigel mouth wash twice a day.
My reply to John.
- From the above, your symptoms are not serious. I believe you can recover without having to take any herbs.
- Since you are improving, do you want to wait for a few more days and see if you are okay?
- I think your problem is the cough. Is the cough due to itchy throat? Is it dry cough or cough with phlegm? What colour is the phlegm?
- How many of you are in the house? Is there in any other people in the house who also get covid?
- Do you really need the herbs? I am not sure. I think you may just recover without taking any herbs. Just drink fresh coconut water. It will help you!
Thanks for the information. I took coconut water and shall take more later.
6. I also have a person from Sarawak — you can read his story (https://cancercaremalaysia.com/2022/03/29/sixty-six-year-old-sarawakian-recovered-from-covid/). He recovered without taking any herbs!
23 March 2022
Today is the 8th day of my quarantine. No more symptoms. This morning I went outside for a slow walk about half hour to get some fresh air. Also had 1 coconut water today. But I still isolate myself up to 10 days to play safe.
- Are all those symptoms you had earlier totally gone?
Yes. All of the symptoms are gone for now.
- When you were tested positive for covid — what was your first reaction? Did you panic / afraid?
Yeah I was very afraid and panic, because I was afraid I would infect my wife and daughters too. That’s my main concern actually. (Note: Wife and daughters are not positive for covid).
- Now that you are okay – recovered. What do you think you would do if any of your family member / relative / friend is tested positive? Do nothing like you?
I will advise them to take all the supplements, and try your herbal tea.
Chris: I believe in the next two days, if you do the test again, it would be negative. It may take about 10 days for the test to indicate you are negative.
23 March 2022
Today is the 9th day of my quarantine. Tested negative today. I shall continue with my supplements.
1. Vaccination did not prevent you from covid infection.
This is the reality which all of us need to know. John had received three doses of Pfizer. The booster jab was on 23 January 2022. Barely two months later, 15 March 2022, John got infected with covid.
2. Panadol and cough syrup.
Did he go to seek doctor’s help after being infected? The answer is no! The reason being it is common knowledge that the doctor cannot do much to help him. The 2-year-old plus boy in Johor was prescribed Panadol and cough syrup after seeing the doctor for his covid infection. My friend in Sarawak became his own doctor and he just bought Panadol for his fever and cough syrup for his cough. So, this is the situation today. While this is the right thing to do today, please know that if you develop more serious conditions like difficulty breathing or lack of oxygen, it is best that you go to the hospital for help.
3. Do something to help yourself. Don’t panic!
John did not just ignore his problems. He took care of himself. He took paracetamol, vitamins A, C, B12, D3, E, zinc and magnesium. He cleaned his throat by gargling with Gengigel (or salt water if you like). He also took herbal capsule. From the internet I learned that the capsule consists of two herbsAndrographis paniculata and Echinacea purpurea.
Andrographis is known locally as hempedu bumi or akar cerita. In Chinese, it is known as Chuan Xin Lian or Ku Dan Cao. In Indonesia, it is known as sambiloto or sambiroto.
Andrograhis is a common herb that grows wild in the garden. I have some plants growing along the fence of my house. It has a very bitter taste. This herb is used in traditional Malay, Chinese and Indian medicine as a remedy for sore throat, flu, heatiness, high blood pressure and diabetes. It can be taken raw or steeped in drinks. Commercially, it is dried and pounded into powder and blended with other herbs and sold in capsules. (https://www.nst.com.my/news/2015/09/bitter-medicinal).
Echinacea purpurea is also known as Purple coneflower. Itis native to central and eastern United States. Echinacea is commonly used to prevent colds and other respiratory tract infections. Taken orally, it is also used as an antiseptic, antiviral, and immune stimulant. Echinacea is hugely popular in Europe and among the top several herbal products in the United States
So, John did a good job by becoming his own doctor and took this herbal capsule. Is this not the reason why he got well? I believe so. And that was the reason why I did not “push or rush” to get John to take our Ko-Gen herbal tea. He was benefiting from what he was doing.
For those of us living in the developing or poor countries, we can learn how to help ourselves with the herbal plants that are found growing wild around our homes, i.e. if we have that knowledge. Unfortunately, most people don’t believe that herbs can help make them well – they prefer the so called scientifically proven drug that cost a bomb!
Can we learn something from these news cuttings?
The current policy of the Hong Kong SAR government is that all cases are centralised and managed in the public Hospital Authority system, exclusive of private sector or TCM partners.
It is recommended that the Hong Kong SAR government may follow the policy in mainland China to provide TCM as a complementary treatment for in-patients with milder disease as part of the healthcare team responding to COVID-19.
In addition, TCM can be offered to patients in the pre-diagnosis and rehabilitation periods for health promotion.
There is nothing to lose when patients and citizens see that holistic or integrative medicine is provided by the public system. When further evidence of efficacy is established, TCM can be promoted in the other TCM clinics to serve the public.
The TCM practitioners in Hong Kong have important roles in treating patients with suspected COVID-19 in the community. https://www.hkmj.org/abstracts/v26n3/268.htm
They recovered after herbs
In the morning of 28 February 2022 I received a message from a friend in Jakarta, Indonesia. His two grandchildren, daughter and son-in-law were all tested positive for covid. He needed help. I managed to get a herbalist in Jakarta to formulate Ko-Gen herbal tea for them. This is the fourth time I did this for Indonesian patients who needed help .
All in the family were infected with covid.
- Grandson, 4 years old.
- Grandson, 5 months.
- Daughter, 36 years old. She is a medical doctor. She is still breast-feeding her baby.
- Son-in-law, 36 years old. Also a medical doctor.
1. Children with Covid
- Grandson, 4 years old. He had fever for 2 days.
- Grandson, 5 months. He had fever for a day.
The two children did not take the herbal tea because it is too bitter for them.
Sunday 6 March 2022
Grandfather: Her children are already active – playing again. Even without the herbal tea, they got better! Covid for children is not bad as the parents (old person).
Chris: No need for children to take herbs and they are still okay!
2. Daughter and Son-in-law with Covid
PCR test on 27 February 2022 confirmed both of them were covid positive.
Both had similar symptoms:
- Whole body ache
- Sore throat
- Felt like having flu
The doctor prescribed only vitamins and Panadol since the mother is still breast-feeding her baby.
Friday 4 March 2022
She received the herbs sent by her father from Jakarta and started to drink the first dose.
Saturday 5 March 2022
Took the second dose of Ko-Gen herbal tea.
Father: When I talked to her, I could feel that her voice sounds like a person with a cold.
Sunday 6 March 2022
She took the third dose of Ko-Gen herbal tea.
Father: When I talked to my daughter this morning, her voice is already normal! She told me that her conditions had improved from day to day.
Monday 7 March 2022
She took the fourth dose of herbal tea.
Father: From her voice, I know that she is now normal. She has no more sore throat.
Her husband also took the herbs but he was not fully recovered yet.
He still has a bit of phlegm in the morning.
His voice was still like a person who got flu.
My daughter seems to recover faster than her husband.
Tuesday 8 March 2022
My daughter: 90% recovery. Okay now. No more problem. Her voice is back to normal since 2 days ago.
Son-in-law : 80 % recovery. Body ache and dizziness all gone.
Grandchildren : Okay.
Wednesday 9 March 2022
Father: Today I talk with my daughter. She is already normal. No more complaints.
Saturday 12 March 2022
Father: Yes, my son-in-law is already healed.
Chris: To confirm, both your daughter and son-in-law had been vaccinated?
Father: No, my daughter did not get any vaccine. Only my son-in-law is vaccinated, 2 times with Sinovac. My daughter who did not get the vaccine recovered earlier.
Chris: Now, we know herbs help a lot.
Father: Yes, very good!
1. Money, money ! Each packet of herbs cost RM 35. The whole packet is used to make the tea for each day. This was the fourth time we bought the herbs from this herbalist, meaning before this there were three other patients who also bought this herbal tea from the herbalist. Previously the cost of each packet was only RM27! With increased demand, this time the herbalist decided to charge RM35 per packet! Logical?
Take comfort, it is not as bad as selling oral covid medicine at US$721 when the cost to produce the drug is only US$17.75!
2. Fear of covid? My advice is – Don’t panic! As with the case above, if we are tested positive for covid we may recover rather quickly, if we know what to do to take care of ourselves.
3. The first question I asked my friend before I went into a frenzy of getting herbs for his daughter’s family was: Does she want to take the herbs or not. I am fully aware that both the daughter and her husband are medical doctors. If they don’t believe in the medicinal value of herbs then there is no reason to “waste” time. Yes, the daughter wanted to take herbs!
4. Let’s ask some honest questions. One way to learn and know the truth is to ask questions.
Real science points out flaws in its own research
Phony science pretends there were no flaws. Tim O’Shea
The above case study is very simple and straight forward. And it can happen in many other families. But do you ever ask these questions below and see what your heart says.
a. The two boys – 5 months and 4 years old – they got covid. Why? The clever answer would be: Because they are not vaccinated. Do you agree with this?
b. The 36-year-old mother also got covid. Why? Same clever answer: Because she was not vaccinated.
c. The 36-year-old father also got covid. Why? The same clever answer is not valid anymore because he was vaccinated twice with Sinovac.
The first truth we need to know is that vaccine does not prevent anyone from getting covid. Even if you have been vaccinated you can still be infected with covid, as in this case. And this is not the only case. There are many cases like this. The four adults in my children’s family have all been vaccinated and all of them were down with covid at the same time like my 2 grandsons who have NOT been vaccinated. So, it does not matter whether you are vaccinated or not, you still get covid. That is the reality.
d. So, why are we asked to go for vaccination? Here is a clever answer to this question:
- Vaccination with two doses helps prevent infection. Take note, can help prevent only!
- But for those that do still get infected, vaccination lessens the impact of the virus by reducing disease severity, transmission of infection and death. Do you buy this answer?
e. Booster jab.
We are asked (or cornered into getting) a third dose. What is the use of the third booster dose? There are two clever answers for this:
- The protection offered by vaccines starts to weaken after 5 months for the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines.
- Getting a booster shot extends the protection, even against the delta and omicron variants.
So the booster is supposed to strengthen the function of the earlier two jabs. Answer well taken but how do you explain why my daughter was infected with covid on 4 March 2022, after she received her third booster dose in February 2022? Does the booster shot really “made her stronger” against the virus?
On 3 March 2022 my eldest son received his third AZ booster dose and on 12 March 2022, he was down with covid? Why? Did the booster really make him stronger?
They said the booster can boost prevention. But that is not true. We need a much more credible answer than that! In real life it does not pan out that way!
f. Is the recovery from covid faster in non-vaccinated or vaccinated person? Let us look at the fact of this case study.
- Daughter, 36 years old. She is not vaccinated.
- Son-in-law, 36 years old. He is vaccinated twice with Sinovac.
On Friday 4 March 2022: They started taking the Ko-Gen herbal tea for their covid infection.
On Monday 7 March 2022: The father reported the following results after taking the fourth dose of herbal tea.
- I know that my daughter is now normal. She has no more sore throat.
- Her husband also took the herbs but he is not fully recovered yet. He still has a bit of phlegm in the morning. His voice was still like a person who got flu.
- My daughter seems to recover faster than her husband.
Take note: The non-vaccinated person recovers from her covid infection sooner than the vaccinated person. Can this be true?
Looking back at the cases of my children.
- My son-in-law, 38 years old, was tested positive on 2 March 2022. He completed his two Moderna vaccination in August 2021. He did not receive the third booster jab. After three doses of the herbal tea his health was restored to about 80%. Then he was tested negative for covid.
- My daughter, 38 years old, was tested positive on 4 March 2022. She received 2 jabs of Pfizer and boosted with Pfizer in February 2022. She took 6 doses of herbal tea to restore 90% of her health. She was still tested positive for covid after 8 days.
- My son, 34 years old, was tested positive on 5 March 2022, initially with no symptoms. He was vaccinated twice with Pfizer and boosted with Pfizer on 31 October 2021. The symptoms started on 6 March and he took 4 doses of herbal tea. His health was 100% restored.
Where is the logic here? My impression is that if you are a non-vaccinated person, it will be “hell” and your recovery would be delayed. But that is NOT true as shown in this case study.
Then you have the case of my family members.
My daughter was supposed to be the most “fortified” because she had just received her booster jab. The reality is her recovery was the slowest among the three of them.
Indeed this is something new that has never ever crossed my mind. I need more data to confirm this observation and understand what the real “truth” actually is. Can someone come up with a sensible answer and not just a clever answer? I tried to search the internet for an answer. I found none!
In the search for new knowledge, I am always reminded by the great words of Rabbi Harold Kushner below:
There is the morality of cleverness and wit, in which success means getting the better of the other person by means of a slick business deal or a clever answer
Then there is the morality of righteousness, in which the highest good is thoughtfulness toward others.
The worst sin is hurting another person.
Note: In writing this comment, let me assure you that I am not against anyone receiving any vaccine. Go ahead and follow what your heart says. My wife and I have also received 3 doses of AZ – without them, according to the man-made SOPs, we would not be able to go out, and end up totally confined in our home! (Soon, this SOP is not valid anymore!). We were warned that if we do not take the third jab (by 1 March but now extended to 31 March), the earlier two jabs would be invalidated and we would then belong to the “unvaccinated” group! Is that logical? (I don’t know if this SOP is going to be implement come 1 April).
Secondly, my discussion here is to make you think! If you just become a “pak turut” (mister follower) you cannot progress. So learn how to think critically!
Discovery consists of seeing what everybody else has seen
And thinking what nobody else has thought. Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
The end game is, everyone of us wants to be healthy and remain safe. If we got covid, we want to recover well and as soon as possible. How do we achieve that?
Recovered fast after taking herbal tea
Our grandsons: Jo is 6 years old and Matt is 4 years old.
Tuesday, 1 March 2022
Jo had started his fever around noon and the home test kit confirmed him positive for covid. We gave him Panadol. That evening, his younger brother Matt also started running a fever. They had runny nose with the occasional cough. That night the boys went to bed with fever patches and Panadol. Matt ended up running a high fever through the night and had to be sponged.
Wednesday 2 March 2022
Jo appeared to recovered. No more fever but had runny nose. He was busy playing with his new Legos.
Matt’s fever would surge whenever the Panadol wore off. I think this tired him out.We continued to give him Panadol and sponge and herbal tea. He continued to have fever that night.
Thursday 3 March 2022
Both still taking the herbal tea once a day.Jo seemed to be over the hump already. His appetite is back and said he doesn’t feel sick anymore. Matt’s fever would come and go, and through the night.
Friday 4 March 2022
Both of them were okay! Back to normal.
Saturday 5 March 2022
Look at our heroes here!
1. We were prepared. Based on what is going on now, it is just a matter of when our family members are going to be infected with covid. So, it is no surprise that Jo and Matt caught covid. The preschool that they go to were reporting positive cases of teachers or students every few days.
On the same morning that we were informed about Jo and Matt being positive, I received a message from a friend in Jakarta, Indonesia. His two grandchildren, daughter and son-in-law (both are doctors!) were tested positive for covid. He too needed help. I managed to get a herbalist in Jakarta to formulate herbal tea for them.
Then yesterday morning, I received an email for Johor Baru:
It’s been a while since we last chat. I hope all is well on your end.
My 27-month-boy is infected with Covid. He developed high fever (38.5C) since 2 March 2022. Doctor prescribed some paracetamol, cough and flu medicine for him.
Given his young age, I wonder if you have any suitable herbs that I can give him to relieve his symptom instead of relying on the paracetamol?
Symptoms: fever, cough, fatigue, runny nose and lack of appetite. Both home kit and PCR tests confirmed covid positive. Both me and my wife have been vaccinated with 3 doses of Pfizer.
This morning, while writing this article, a friend came to our house to ask for herbal tea – one of his family members has covid.
Covid cases appears to be everywhere now and my feeling is that it is not going to go away anytime soon. But, don’t worry so much. There are herbs that can help you get over it.
When it comes to our family members, we were well prepared. We ask our children to stock up the Ko-Gen herbal tea as standby. So when covid happened we did not panic!
2. My first case of covid infection in children. In early October 2021 I received a sms from a doctor who was once head of a hospital. This was the message:
Want to ask, do you have herbs for covid? Any advice for children with covid?
Symptoms: Fever, cough.
My grandson, age 8.
Not on ivermectin.
We prescribed Ko-Gen herbal tea. On 11 October 2021, we got this feed-back.
Excellent. My daughter-in-law (also a doctor) and my grandson with high fever and bad cough. Took the (covid) herbs and they felt relief. Fever plus cough subsided. They only took one dose and the next day the covid symptoms cleared.
Retested covid PCR recently. It was negative for both of them.
I was really happy to be able to help many friends overcome their problems with covid. The herbs that I used are common herbs which are well documented in the TCM medical literature. No big deal, just study them and you can find the answer!
3. With confidence, grandparents could sleep well! For Jo it was one day of fevers and he was back to normal. For Matt it was two days.Thank God for this wonderful blessing!
To see the positive side of things, to be able to face this situation with much confidence (and preparedness) helps to evaporate the fear of this diagnosis. There seems to be no big deal being infected with covid!
So why is the world “turned” upside down because of this fear? Is here a need to punish the ordinary ignorant folks with hefty fines or even sending them to prison just because he/she violates certain SOP.
The solution to our present problem is not to punish but to be humble enough to learn – If you don’t know, read and learn from others! Seek and you shall find the answer! Don’t let others with Vested Interests take you for a “wild ride”!
I have read many comments on covid in the internet, but I have to refrain from sharing them here. Those with Vested Interests would not like it.
IIn my earlier article The Long March Against Covid-19I wrote that my initial reaction towards Covid-19 was “don’t bother about it – don’t get involve”. What woke me up to this issue was when a friend from Indonesia wrote to say that he was down with Covid-19 in spite of being vaccinated. I was really sad to hear the news and prayed that God takes care of him. With God’s blessing he came out of the hospital alive but was extremely tired (due to Long Covid symptoms). Then, I got another message from my cousin brother in Kelantan. He survived Covid-19 but ended up with “kidney failure” and wanted me to prescribe him herbs.
Then I received an email from an Indonesian patient who wrote:
- Selamat malam dok, saya terpapar Covid-19. Sekarang saya mau obat dokter, karena batuk. Apakah ada obat buat saya. (Evening doc, I was exposed to Covid-19. Now I need herbs for my cough. Do you have any herbs for me).
I replied to this patient three times but did not get any reply. What happen?
Then there was this message from a friend.
- Today my brother’s son (let’s call him Jimmy – not real name) is to be cremated in the crematorium without a single loved one present. He died of Covid after 3 weeks of home quarantine for stage 2 infection.
- Since he was considered young (late 30s), there’s no bed for him in the hospital. The hospital was choked full.
- Jimmy tried the private hospital and was told that he had to pay RM50k up front which he didn’t have.
- The illness seemed to be quite deceiving. Jimmy’s 18-year-old son was also tested positive but recovered. The father, however, only showed severe breathing problem 3 days ago.
- By the time the ambulance came Jimmy was already gone, leaving a wife and 3 children behind.
- The worrying part is Jimmy’s 15 year-old-plus daughter who is also tested positive and was not be able to get a bed in the hospital.
This message made me real sad and sick. I knew Jimmy since he was a baby. His parents are our friends for years.
Then, I received more emails from my Indonesian friend.
Thu, Jul 15: The last two weeks, some of my friends at church and also my aunties got infected. They were not treated by hospital since the hospital were full. Two days ago I got information that most of them are in recovering process, but my auntie passed away. At about the same time my colleague at office was also infected by Covid, I have not got any information about her yet.
Then on 21 July, I received yet another email saying that another aunty had Covid-19. Let us call her Mary (not her real name). This is Mary’s story in more detail.
|Email (date)||What happened|
|Wed, Jul 21, 2021 at 2:08 PM||These last two days, I was busy helping my other auntie (Mary) who was also infected by corona virus and could not be admitted to hospital since all hospital beds were fully occupied. Her oxygen saturation level dropped to 85 and she needed oxygen. We tried to buy oxygen tank from many pharmacies here but all were sold out. So we had to borrow it from those who had it. I borrowed the oxygen tank (capacity 1 cubic meter) from GKKB Church. Did she use the oxygen all the time? No, the oxygen only lasted for 3-4 hours. After that we could not get anymore refill. All oxygen refill were out of stock. After using the oxygen – did her oxygen level improve? Yes, improved. Her oxygen saturation increased to normal range around 95-96.|
|Reply from Chris||For your auntie — you can ask her to try the first formula, Ko-Gen. This formula is meant for people like her. Of course you need oxygen to help her but while going around hunting for oxygen, take the herbs at the same time. Within 2 days we will know the result.|
|Wed, Jul 21, 2021 at 2:25 PM||Okay Dr Chris, I’m gonna ask her daughter first, since she is quite old and her daughter even finds it difficult to ask her to take doctor’s medication. Hope she is willing to take the herbal concoction.|
|Wed, Jul 21 at 6:08||My auntie wants to try the herbs. I’m going to buy it this afternoon.|
|Wed, Jul 21, 2021 at 8:13 PM||Thank you Dr. Chris for the formula. I’ve just bought 2 pack of herb for my auntie and thank God I finally found a Chinese medicine store that can give complete herbs (from the first formula). It cost me exactly the same as the second formula, Rp110.000.|
|Thu, Jul 22 at 1:20||My aunty is around 70 years old. Yes, she is a bit stubborn. Need extra effort to persuade her to take the medication. I’ll check on her this afternoon. Hopefully she is able to take the herbal concoction.|
|Fri, Jul 23, 2021 at 12:02 PM||Thank God, yesterday my auntie could drink the herbal concoction. So today she is going to drink the second packet. And I’ve already bought a third packet for her. Hopefully she can recover soon. She was already on oxygen before taking the herbs. How was her condition? Her condition was not stable, feeling tired and sometimes had difficulty breathing.|
|Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 12:36 PM||Just chatted with her daughter. Today, my aunty’s condition is improving. You mean after taking the herbal tea for only one time, she improved? After taking the herbs using your formula for 2 days (today is the third day), her daughter told me that: She is not feeling too tired anymore.Her oxygen saturation was stable – around 96-97 (normal). One more thing, when she feels tired, she is not gasping for air anymore. Before that she had difficulty breathing when she was tired. Also today her appetite is starting to come back.Overall her condition is better. When she was only on oxygen and not on the herbs — did her condition improve? No improvement. After taking the herbs for 2 times her daughter could see that her condition had improved? Yes.|
|Sat, Jul 24, 2021 at 6:41 PM||I’ve just called my auntie’s daughter, informing her that I’m about to buy the forth packet of herbs. But she told me that my aunty doesn’t want to drink it anymore, because she got bloated stomach. Was she staying with her daughter? Yes, all the time. When she did not want to take the herbs, her daughter just agreed? Yes. Her daughter did not try to persuade her mother to continue taking the herbs? I’ve already asked her to persuade her, telling her that this is not a choice. But she failed to persuade her mother. You mean her daughter has NO influence over her mother at all? I can say YES. Did the daughter ever believe in herbs? Yes.|
|Mon July 26||Just for you information, my aunty was admitted to the hospital yesterday after the doctor who came to her house suggested that she be admitted. Her oxygen saturation level dropped to around 85. After 12 hours in the hospital, she passed away. It’s hard to believe that she was gone so fast. I am still wondering – is it the covid that killed her or other factors. She was not in an emergency condition before being admitted. If only she continued taking the herbs, I believed she didn’t have to be admitted to the hospital and died there. Before this — when she took herbs her oxygen was 96-97? Yes. After she stopped taking the herbs, her oxygen went down to 85? Yes. Was she still on oxygen when it dropped to 85? We had no more oxygen to give her. When the oxygen saturation level dropped to 85 – why did her daughter not ask her to take the herbs again? When it dropped to 85, the daughter called the doctor to come to the house, and the doctor asked her to go to the hospital ASAP. How old is her daughter? 30. Are there any other members of the family with her? No, only two of them. It appears to me that there is only one daughter who is helping – what about other family members. No other family members who stay with her. Only my aunty and her daughter. My uncle already passed away some 20 years ago. As I know, only I and my sister (as her family members but not living together) are the ones helping my aunty to get vitamins, herbs, oxygen, food, etc. There is still one uncle but he can’t help much since he himself got covid.|
|Note: Mary is the second member in the family who died because of Covid-19. She was 70 years old and she died two days ago. Did she get the covid from your other aunty who died earlier? No, they lived in different places. This other aunty died of covid on 11 July 2021. She was 91 years old. You wrote that there is another uncle who also had covid. You mean this is another relative of yours? Does he want any help? Does he ask for help? No Dr. Chris. This uncle is different. He doesn’t communicate with us (I and my sister) since 1987 when I was 13. Long story. Everything changed when we became orphans. FYI, my dad passed away when I was 4 and my mom died when I was 13.|
Indeed this is a sad story. What does this story teach us? There are some lessons!
Lesson 1. Your life is your responsibility. This is my mantra since we started CA Care 25 plus years ago. You can do something to help yourself if you really want to live. Take the case of Jimmy – a 30 plus years old. He only had Category 2 disease and was told to go home because there was no more bed in the hospital. When his disease became serious, it was too late. He died.
Jimmy was home quarantined for 3 weeks. What did he do during this time? It would be too painful for me or also for his parents if I were to ask for more detail. So let us leave it at that. But you need to know that it seems to be the nature of covid that the end comes suddenly and unexpectedly, and within days you die even though before that you seem to appear okay.
Seventy-year-old Mary was also told to go home because she there were no more bed for her in the hospital. Her disease appeared to be more serious. Her nephew did something – went around hunting for oxygen. The oxygen therapy helped her for a while but when there was no more oxygen her condition deteriorated. I suggested that she tried herbs. This is based on what people in China did after being diagnosed with covid. I know that taking herbs is not going to kill anybody. It is better than doing nothing. When I got the feedback that Mary was a fussy lady, I knew our effort in trying to help her will fail. This was a 70-year-old lady (for your information, I am already 77 years old!) and if she was not prepared to “fight” to live, no one else can help her.
Lesson 2. Ignorance kills. Knowledge can heal you! When I learned that patients were told to go home because there were no more bed in the hospital, that really blew my head off! What are these people supposed to do when they are at home? Is there any protocol or guidebook to tell them what to do at home? Honestly, if I was in that situation, I did not have the slightest clue of what to do either until I sat in front of my computer. It took me a few days to learn how to survive under such condition. Thanks to the internet and the various organisation in the US and UK who put up numerous articles on this subject. In another article I have made a summary of what I have learned. Hope this will help you.
Mary was lucky in that her nephew at least knew what to do. He went around hunting for oxygen. Oxygen is required to help with the breathing problem. Then the nephew used the oximeter to monitor Mary’s oxygen saturation level. He wrote, We usually check our oxygen saturation on daily basis during this pandemic. Covid patients need to check it more often, at least 3 times a day. In Indonesia, many people buy the oximeter at pharmacy or online shop. Since some covid patients died of happy hypoxia (oxygen suffocation), so when we get covid, we are asked to check our saturation using this tool.
The US – CDC – Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, issued the following guideline The Basics of Oxygen Monitoring and Oxygen Therapy during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- People with COVID-19 can have a wide range of symptoms – from no symptoms to mild symptoms to severe illness.
- Many people with COVID-19 have low oxygen levels. This is a life-threatening condition.
- Not everyone with a low oxygen level will have difficulty breathing.
- So you must regularly monitor the oxygen levels of COVID-19 patients.
- An oxygen saturation of 95 to 100 percent is normal for healthy children and adults.
- Start oxygen therapy on any COVID-19 patient with an oxygen saturation below 90 percent.
- The goal of the therapy is to achieve an oxygen saturation of 90 percent. You can discontinue the oxygen therapy when the patient’s saturation remains above 90% after the oxygen is turned off.
- For patients with physical warning signs, the goal of the therapy is to achieve an oxygen saturation of 95 percent. If a patient’s oxygen levels do not improve with oxygen therapy, they will need more intensive treatment.
- Oxygen therapy is safe for newborns, children, and adults – including pregnant women.
- Monitor the patient’s oxygen levels with the pulse oximeter. Pulse oximeter measures the oxygen saturation, or percentage of oxygen in the patient’s blood.
- Place the oximeter on their finger, toe, or earlobe.
- It’s a painless test and takes less than two minutes.
Mary’s nephew wrote: In Indonesia, many people buy the oximeter at pharmacy or online shop. I also bought it. The cost is around RM15 only. See the photograph below.
Warning signs of a low oxygen level.
- Trouble breathing,
- Difficulty waking up, and
- Bluish lips or face.
- Chest pain that doesn’t go away (in adults).
- Flare their nostrils, grunt while breathing, or be unable to drink or eat (for children).
So, to all patients, know that knowledge is important. In the case of covid, it is unfortunate that you don’t have much time. You may just die within days or weeks. So if you need to learn, please learn fast. Unfortunately, many old people are more prone to covid – and such old people cannot learn things easily. At 70, I did not expect Mary to want to learn anything new to heal herself.
Lesson 3. Herbs can help you. If you get covid, please go and see the doctor and ask for help. This is the right thing to do. But if you are told to go home and isolate yourself – then the nightmare begins. You need to do something to help yourself. If you don’t know what else to do to help yourself, I would suggest that you take some herbs. The Chinese in Wuhan benefited from TCM herbs. Why can’t we also benefit from TCM? Of course, I am biased because I am a herbalist and that is all I know. If you know of any other better way to help yourself, by all means try rather than do nothing and wait for self-recovery or die.
In the news portal you can read about our medical drugs that can help you. I would not comment on these because I don’t know anything about them.
In the case of Mary, she agreed to take the herbs for three days. She got better. Her oxygen saturation level returned to normal. She did not gasp for air anymore when breathing. Her appetite improved. I don’t wish to be bias but ask this question – is this not an improvement? Are you going to say that herbs is not scientifically proven? It is up to you to believe what you want to believe.
Mary stopped taking the herbs, her oxygen level dropped to danger level. She was admitted to the hospital and died 12 hours later. You can make your own conclusion if what was done was a smart move or not!
Lesson 4. We can only help those who want to be helped. After reading the dire state of affairs in our neighbouring countries, one tends to come up with a “romantic” idea that what if I were to make available all those herbs and give them all for free, maybe I would be able to help some to survive. Earn good merit, right? Mary’s case showed me that you cannot help all people – you can only help those who only want to be helped. If the patients do not fully trust you or don’t want to get well or want to get well on his/her terms, it would be a futile effort.
Read more here:
- Prevention and treatment of COVID-19 using Traditional Chinese Medicine: A review
- A review of Traditional Chinese herbal medicine in management of COVID-19
- Reflections on treatment of COVID-19 with traditional Chinese medicine
- Efficacy of Traditional Chinese Medicine on COVID-19: Two Case Reports
- Chinese Herbal Medicine Used With or Without Conventional Western Therapy for COVID-19: An Evidence Review of Clinical Studies
- Free Chinese herbs for discharged Covid-19 patients
- COVID-19 Deaths Plummet With Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Traditional Chinese Medicine as a complementary therapy in combat with COVID-19—A review of evidence-based research and clinical practice
Chai, 64-year-old, had a 15 x 18 cm cancerous tumour in his liver. Her underwent an operation to remove 70 percent of his liver. Nine months after the surgery, a new 8 cm tumour recurred in his liver. The cancer had also spread to his lung. Chai was asked to undergo TACE (transarterial chemoembolization). He refused the treatment and came to seek our help instead.
Chai was prescribed herbs: Capsule A,B, C, D and M. In addition he was asked to drink herbal teas – Live-P + PLM, Live 2 and Lung.
About one month on the herbs, Chai and his daughter came back and told us that the herbs helped him!
Watch this video:
The first two weeks taking herbs was difficult! Why?
- The herbal teas are bitter and have awful smell (to some people). Some patients may just give up after a few days because of this.
- Chai had to change his diet – he could not eat anything he wanted! No meat, no sugar, no oil etc. Some patients would tell us life has no meaning if they cannot eat their favourite food!!
- Chai felt tired after drinking the teas.
- He had loose stools or diarrhoea. He had to go to the toilet 6 to 7 times a day. We told Chai that some peoples had to go the toilet more frequently than that! So no big deal.
To be fair, during Chai’s first visit, we have already warned him that the above could happen after taking the herbs. We call this “healing crisis.” It can last from one to three weeks. Every patient has to go through this crisis before he/she gets better!
I asked Chai: Did you feel you want to give up having to suffer all these?
Chai replied: No!
Chai persisted and he was well rewarded – just after one month on our therapy. His health improved and he felt better by a least 50 percent.
1.Night sweat gone. Before the herbs, Chai said he woke up sweating heavily every morning at about 5 or 6 a.m. He was wet and could not go back to sleep again. After two weeks on the herbs, this problem was totally gone. He could sleep longer and better.
- Cough gone. Before the herbs, Chai had cough with while phlegm. His cough went away after taking the herbs. There was no need for him to taking any of our cough herbs.
- Pain of teeth of lower jaw gone. For the past two months before starting on the herbs, Chai said his teeth in the lower jaw were painful when chewing. Two weeks after taking the herbs, there was no more pain.
- Taste and smell of food restored. Before the herbs, any food that Chai ate had no taste or smell. After two weeks on the herbs he could enjoy the taste and smell of his food.
- More energy. While initially he felt tired, after two weeks on the herbs he felt he has more energy. He was no more tired.
- Felt better. After a month on the herbs, I asked Chai if he felt better and healthier? The answer was Yes! On the scale of 0 to 10, Chai said his health is now at 5.
It is indeed a big surprise (and a great blessing) to see Chai and daughter so happy during this visit. When asked if he wanted to continue taking the herbs. The daughter said: Yes, must continue, cannot stop.
I reminded Chai that most patients will start bargaining wanting to eat this and that – which there not supposed to eat – after they started to feel well. Some patients would ask that they take less herbs now that they are already getting better.
FORTUNATELY, Chai is not this type of character. I have made it very clear to Chai and his daughter. From now on, there is nothing more that I can do for them. I have given all the herbs that I know could help Chai. Now it is up to the patient himself to continue doing what he is doing to heal himself.
I told Chai: I am happy to have a patient with such attitude. Patient – heal yourself!
ST is a 62-year-old man from Perak. Two years ago (May 2018) he was diagnosed with cancer of the appendix and adjacent caecum.
He underwent a right hemicolectomy in a private hospital in his hometown. It was a Stage 2 cancer. This operation cost him RM50,000.
A CT scan of the chest, abdomen and pelvis did not show the cancer had spread to other parts of the body.
After surgery, ST underwent six cycles of chemotherapy. He received treatment every three weeks. The chemo regimen used was Mayo Clinic Regimen – consisting of 5-FU on day 1 and day 5 and folinic acid on day 1 to day 5. Chemotherapy was completed on 1 January 2019.The total cost of treatment was about RM40,000.
ST was well for about a year. He continued to lead his “old lifestyle”. No, he was not told to take care of his diet – the doctor said You can eat anything you like! Indeed this is the advice most patients and their family members like to hear!
In March 2020, ST started to have abdominal pain and at times, he vomited. He went back to the same hospital where he had his surgery. A CT scan was done and revealed:
- Acute small bowel obstruction with no evidence of tumour recurrence.
- Liver lesions – cyst or metastasis ?
- Bilateral small renal cyst.
On 25 April 2020, ST went back to the hospital again due to small bowel obstruction. He underwent a laparotomy on 29 April 2020.
Intraop finding: Jejunoileal junction tumour infiltrated by posterior abdominal wall.
Histopathology of small bowel, retroperitoneal nodule and omentum: Adenocarcinoma with lymphovascular invasion.
On 8 May 2020 ST suffered bile leak from the wound site. He had to undergo another operation – relaparotomy, jejunostomy done stoma created. This means ST had to wear a bag.
ST was discharged from the private hospital on15 May 2020. The total cost of these two operations came to about RM80,000.
RM190,00 gone – but ST’s problem was not yet solved. Four days later ST had to be admitted into a government hospital duet to:
- electrolyte imbalance and
- severe AKI (Acute kidney injury- sudden episode of kidney failure or kidney damage that happens within a few hours or a few days. AKI causes a build-up of waste products in your blood and makes it hard for your kidneys to keep the right balance of fluid in the body).
ST recovered and was discharged and was given the following medication:
- Liquid morphine – he has to take morphine every four hours.
A CT scan done on 4 August 2020 showed:
- Progression of disease evidenced by increased number and size of cystic liver lesions – likely metastasis.
- No evidence of recurrence.
ST was told to undergo more chemotherapy! This time the treatment would be 12 cycles and drugs to be used are:
- Folinic acid
ST decided to give up chemotherapy and came to seek our help.
Chris: Who asked you to come and see us?
Daughter: The owner of a bookshop in our hometown!
C: Why don’t you want to go for chemotherapy?
D: My uncle (my father’s elder brother) had chemotherapy for his lung cancer. He was 58 years old then. Just after two shot of chemo he died.
Watch this video:
Lessons We Can Learn From This Story
- Surgery did not cure him. ST underwent three operations and has spent about RM130,000 (RM 50K + RM80K) for the procedures. The procedures helped him for about a year. Then the cancer came back. It had spread to his liver.
- Chemotherapy did not cure him either. After surgery, ST underwent chemotherapy using a Mayo Clinic regimen – using 5-FU plus folinic acid. Unfortunately, the treatment failed.
ST was told to undergo more chemo – this time using a “better” combination of drugs – 5-FU + folinic acid + oxliplatin. Study the names carefully, it is about more of the same – you agree?
Chris: Did you ask the doctor in the government hospital if the chemo that he is giving your father is going to cure?
Daughter: No, cannot cure. It is only to prolong life.
Well, think for yourself too – do you think it is worth it – enduring all the sufferings? Prolong life for how long?
Let me share with you what we wrote in this book (Pages: 210-211):
When we first started CA Care, we encountered many cases of colorectal cancer. The first to come to mind was Yeoh, a man of great wealth. He had colon cancer and went to the top oncologist in Singapore for treatment. He was fitted with a pump in which the toxic chemodrug,5-FU was delivered at regular intervals. He even went to Sydney to consult another famous oncologist. One day, he suffered complications from the treatment and died.
Then there was Leong who was the owner of a construction company. He too had colon cancer and died while undergoing chemo with 5-FU. At that time the gold standard for treatment of colon cancer was 5-FU. One day before he died he called his daughter and told her. If Dr. Teo needs help with renovating his house or the cancer centre, please help him. I still remember this episode up to this day.
Then one day, I received a call asking me to meet a VVVIP ( I am sorry, with due respect, it would not be proper for me to identify this person). I prescribed herbs for this person who had cancer of the colon or rectum. The person got better but one day the person’s personal doctor called me to complain about me giving herbs to the “boss”. Later, this VVVIP went to Singapore for chemotherapy and died.
During those early days. What we “saw” and knew happened appeared acceptable. We just accepted it as the way it is. We learned that chemo can kill. As we get to see more patients over the years, we learn of many more reasons why patients don’t want to go for chemo.
Julie’s husband died within minutes after completion of his sixth cycle of chemo.
Julie, a lady from Indonesia came to seek our help after being diagnosed with lung cancer. She was asked to go for chemotherapy which she refused to do. Why? Julie had a bitter experience to share.
About five years earlier, Julie’s husband was diagnosed with colon cancer. He underwent an operation – performed by one of the best colorectal surgeons in Singapore. He was then sent to a well known Singapore private hospital for chemotherapy. Chemotherapy was started in June and by December Julie’s husband was dead. Julie: After receiving three cycles of chemo, he had difficulty walking.
Chris: And he still continued with the chemo?
In spite of the early warning that something had gone wrong, the oncologist still wanted the patient to finish the scheduled six cycles. Julie’s husband eventually completed the six cycles of chemo. Within a few minutes of completing the last cycle – after the “needle” was removed from his arm – he died.
C: Did you ask the oncologist why your husband died?
J: The oncologist said his heart could not stand the toxic drug.
Katy (not her real name) was 52 years old when she was diagnosed with cancer of the right breast in 2008. She had a mastectomy. It was a lobular carcinoma with small area of low grade intraductal carcinma and ductal epithelian hyperplasia. All the 10 axillary lymph nodes are free of tumour metastasis.
Immunohistochemistry report indicated the tumour was strongly positive of estrogen and progesterone receptors. It is also wrongly positive for e-cerbB2 and moderately positive for P53.
Katy did not undergo any chemotherapy but took tamoxifen for two months and decided to stop it. She came to seek our help and was prescribed Capsule A, Breast M and C-teas. Katy was on our therapy for about two years and decided to let it go. She was doing great and was back to her normal life again.
Twelve years later – in July 2020 – we received an email requesting for an appointment to see us. Katy was again diagnosed with cancer and this time it was of her left breast. She underwent a lumpectomy in June 2020. This cost her RM18,000.
The histopatholgy report confirmed an invasive carcinoma which had invaded the adjacent breast tissue. There is also lymphovascular permeation. Eight lymph nodes were removed but none was infected with cancer. The hormonal status: ER +, PR- and HER2 equivocal (uncertain).
Katy was asked to consult an oncologist for further management. But she refused to see an oncologist knowing full well that she would not want to undergo chemotherapy. Katy came to seek our help and was prescribed herbs.
Lesson we can learn from this story – there is no cure for cancer! It can come back again.
Patients are often told that if they survived five years, they are considered cured of their cancer. So five-year survival is the “magic” cut-off point to determine if you are cured or not cured. How true is this dogma?
Take a break and reflect on the story of MT, a 44-year-old lady from Batam. She had breast cancer in 2005. She had undergone a mastectomy, 6 cycles of chemotherapy and 30 radiation treatments. She took tamoxifen for 5 years. That was the start-of-the-art medical treatment that most patients were asked to undergo for their breast cancer.
Before the treatments, the doctor told MT that her breast cancer was at an early stage and she had a 90 percent chance of complete cure with the treatments. MT believed her doctor and did exactly as she was told. Each year she came back to her doctor for a routine checkup. At every visit she was told that she was fine. After five years, MT was told to stop tamoxifen because she was already cured. MT spent a total of about IDR60 million for her medical treatments.
Barely a year later, in April 2011, MT started to have pains in her tail bone and shoulder blade. She ignored the problem and did not go back to see her doctor. The pains became more intense. Then her legs started to hurt. She became breathless and was unable to walk far. She became tired easily. In February 2012, MT returned to her doctor. Examination indicated the cancer had spread to her bones.
She asked the oncologist how could this happen – after she had done all the necessary treatments required of her. On top of that he, the oncologist, had told her that she had been cured! This was the oncologist’s reply, “I do not know why. But don’t blame yourself. It is your fate. Also the recurrence has nothing to do with what you eat. It is just your fate.” (Watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5Hfi2-ngN0)
MT did everything that her oncologist wanted her to do. She was even told that she was cured after 5 years, but at the 6th year she suffered extensive bony metastasis. Why? Her doctor said, “I do not know why. But don’t blame yourself. It is your fate. Also the recurrence has nothing to do with what you eat. It is just your fate.”
How do you feel about the answer given? This is what happens if you place your life in the hands of experts. You have undergone all treatments – slash, poison and burn and when these fail, it is not the wrong treatment strategy, the “useless” drug used or the bad advice given that are the reasons for the failure. The scapegoat is your fate! That is how the “so called educated brains” rationalize failures, never humble enough to admit their short comings or to learn from their mistakes.
A placebo is a dummy drug — a sugar pill — that’s made to look just like a real drug. It’s used in medical trials so that the drug can be tested against a control (i.e. a placebo). Being a placebo … it’s not supposed to do anything. But is this always true? Unfortunately it is NOT. In certain cases, a placebo can “behave” like an active drug if the patients believe it is a real drug. It is their belief that’s doing the work! Why is this possible? According to Dawson Church (in The Genie in Your Genes), Our brains are themselves generating drugs similar to those that the doctor is prescribing for us.
When you believe something, chemicals are often produced in your brain that give you what you believe should happen.
The placebo effect is often quoted at 35 percent … it works 35 percent of the time. It actually varies tremendously … from as low as 10 percent to as high as 100 percent in some cases.
- In 2007, a drug company reported that the condition of 66 percent of patients improved after taking a new drug for congestive heart failure. But the placebo (only taking sugar pill in the trial) also improved 51 percent of patients.
- Clofibrate was used extensively for cholesterol-lowering in the1980s and 90s. The five-year survival rate for patients on this drug was 80 percent. The placebo was 79.1 percent.
Let’s look at what some other research results tell us:
- Paying more for a simple painkiller can produce a greater painkilling effect than a less expensive version, even though they might be the exact same drug, simply packed and priced differently.
- An expensively packaged placebo is as good as a cheaper, mass-market version of an actual drug.
- In the US, a placebo injection of pain is more effective than a placebo tablet, yet in Europe, a placebo tablet is more effective than an injection, even though they’re both placebos.
- The same placebo can produce opposite effects, depending on what a person believes it’s for. Believing an inhaler can relax airways relax airways. yet believing it contains allergens can constrict them, even if it’s a placebo in both cases.
These kinds of observations teach us something very important about the mind’s ability to impact the body. A thought or belief isn’t just “all in the mind”. Mind and emotional impact the physical state of the body.
The effectiveness of placebo depends upon various factors such as:
- the illness,
- the language used by the person prescribing or dispensing the medicine,
- the personality of the doctors giving the medicine,
- how a clinician dresses,
- their age — whether they have grey hair or wear glasses,
- the desire of the patient to get better,
- how much they believe that they will get better.
The Power of Positive Consultation: The placebo effect is often seen as a nuisance in medical trials. Therefore some companies try to remove it …. they think they can, but they cannot. This is how they try to get rid of the placebo effect. Patients are given either a drug or a placebo. The ones who improve on placebo are called “placebo responders.” Say, 35 percent of the people are placebo responders. These are then removed from the trial.
A new trial then begins that doesn’t have any known placebo responders. By right, there should not be any more patients who respond to placebo in this second group. But the reality is, a new 35 percent of patients still respond to the placebo.
The reason for this result in these trials lies in the only factor that hasn’t changed between the two studies — the doctors! The still say the same things … what they say, how they say it, their enthusiasm … and how they relate to the people receiving it matters a lot.
There is another study done in 1954. Patients with bleeding ulcers were given water injection (placebo):
- But were told that this would cure them. Seventy percent of them showed excellent improvement.
- When told that this was an experimental injection of undetermined effectiveness. Only 25 percent improved.
Nocebo effect is the opposite of the placebo effect where patients develops negative symptoms. Research published in Psychosomatic Medicine XXX, 819-829 and XXX1,134-143 (both in 1969) illustrated the effects of nocebo.
- Forty asthmatics were given an inhaler containing a placebo (water vapour) but were told that it contained allergens that would cause constriction of the airways.
- Nineteen of them (48 percent) suffered considerable constriction of their airways.
- Twelve of them experienced a full asthma attack.
They were then given another inhaler and told that it would relieve their symptoms. Yes, it did even though it also contained the same water vapour.
In another study:
- The patient was told that the inhaler contained pollen. The patient swiftly developed hay fever as well as airway constriction.
- The patient was told that the inhaler just contained allergens but no pollen. This time the patient only developed asthma symptoms.
- The patient was again told the inhaler contained pollen. Once again the patient developed hay fever as well as asthma.
In all these three situations the inhaler just contained water vapour, a placebo.
From the above it is apparent that what doctors say and how they say it clearly matters … the language, mannerisms, empathy, warmth and authority, as well as enthusiasm and confidence, have a considerable effect.
Although some of these results point to the power of a doctor’s personality, the personality of the patient also affects how they receive the message and therefore how well the placebo works for them.
The following are additional information from the internet about placebo.
- The use of placebos in cancer clinical trials is rare.
- Placebos do not generally have long-lasting effects and they do not cure diseases.
- Much of the placebo effect depends on a person’s expectations. If a person expects to feel relief, they just might. If a person fears side effects, those might occur.
Having learned about the placebo, let us now take a look at what can happen in real life situation. Here is a patient who is diagnosed with cancer.
- He wants to go to the best oncologist in town. The doctor has to be a famous one. One that everybody talked about. The higher the fees the doctor charges the more “worthy” he is. He doesn’t want to go to a “cheap” doctor because the cheap one may not be as good as the expensive one. What is more, his life is at stake, so he does not want to take chances, i.e. if he has a fat bank account.
- He goes into the doctor’s office. Wow, it’s a five-star suite. Very impressive. Worth coming here! That shows he is a very successful doctor.
- He has to wait to see the doctor, because there are so many others lining up to this “saviour” as well. Also another sign that the doctor is really “khiang” (effective).
- When he gets to see the doctor, indeed he is very impressive. He is well dressed and talks with absolute confidence as if he is god.
- The doctor looks at the patient’s medical reports and scan. Go for chemotherapy immediately. That is the mantra with this doctor. No wasting of time.
- The doctor also warned the patient. If you don’t proceed with the proposed treatment the cancer will spread widely and fast too. If that happens, it will be too late for me to do anything. I cannot help you anymore.
- To makes things more dramatic the doctor would even tell the patient, I will treat you like my daughter. Don’t worry, I will take care of you well. In another case, the doctor even hug the patient’s wife and said, Don’t worry your husband will be alright. He will get well soon.
I don’t make up the above. These are what patients tell me happened to them. Take a look at this story:
If you understand the effect of placebo discussed earlier, what can you say about the behaviour of such a doctor? Don’t you think the whole scenario is trying to drum up a placebo effect? Perhaps at that point, even if you are given a glass of colored water to drink you will probably feel better!
When told to go for chemotherapy, I generally tell the patients to ask the oncologist if the treatment is going to cure them or not.
These are the answers you generally get.
- Do chemo to prolong life! To avoid the nocebo effect the doctor cannot say, No, there is no cure! The patient may just run away from him.
- If you don’t do chemo, your chance (whatever that means) is 35 percent. If you do chemo, your chance is 55 percent (or 65 or 70 percent).
From the second answer, it means that chemo will improve your chance by 20 percent ( or 30 percent or 45 percent). Is that good enough? You want a 100 percent chance right?
Earlier, we learn that research has shown the effect of placebo can vary from 10 percent to as high as 100 percent in some cases. Generally we say the placebo can contribute to about 35 percent on average.
Ask yourself, if by doing chemo my chance is increased by only 20 or 30 percent, is that not like a placebo effect? What if I just do nothing. I cannot answer that question because research comparing chemo-drug against a placebo is rarely done.
But Professor Hardin Jones, University of California Berkeley had given his answer many years ago. He had personally studied the life expectancy of patients for more than 25 years and has come to the conclusion that chemotherapy does more harm than good.
He said, My studies have proven conclusively that untreated cancer victims actually live up to four times longer than treated individuals. People who refused chemotherapy treatment live on average 12 and a half years longer than people who are undergoing chemotherapy. People who accepted chemotherapy die within three years of diagnosis, a large number dies immediately after a few weeks … the only reason doctors prescribe chemotherapy is because they make money from it.
If you browse through the internet, there are many people who do not agree with what Dr. Jones had said. Take it from me, I too have been helping thousands of cancer patients for more than two decades and I can say this. Dr. Jones may not be exactly correct in terms of numbers (if that will make you happy!) but taking the message as a whole, he is right all the way! I have many patients who have outlived their doctors’ prognosis by just following our therapy and not undergoing any chemotherapy or radiotherapy.
Are CA Care herbs a placebo?
Patients often tell me that their doctors do not encourage or forbid them from taking herbs. Herbs are just placebos! Empty! Not proven, not scientific! I don’t blame them. When I first started using herbs, I too did not believe that herbs were any good! But, with time I begun to see that herbs are really effective. If herbs are just a placebo, they cannot bring such wondrous healing.
I am fully aware about the effects of placebo from the very beginning when we started CA Care. So, I don’t intend to “cook up” this effect. Come to our centre. It is not a five-star suite! It is just a third-rate office. There is nothing to impress you! I don’t wear white coat nor put on tie with a stethoscope hanging down around my neck. My standard attire is just an open neck T-shirt — cheap one, not branded!
If you understand placebo, my initial presentation to you as a first time visitor is more of a nocebo (i.e. the opposite of placebo). Even more so, when I start to talk to you. I make it clear from the start of our conversation that I cannot cure your cancer! I also do not say that you are going to die soon if you don’t do this or that. I don’t want to play God. I also warn you that our therapy is NOT easy to follow. The herbs taste awful. You have to brew a few teas everyday — a big chore indeed. You cannot eat anything you like because proper, healthy diet is very important for their healing. All these requirements are “repulsive” to most people.
Because of me being brutally frank and out front, from my experience, I know that 70 percent of those who consulted me will not return after their first visit. This is because I cannot give them what they want — an easy cure. I am fine with that because I understand that healing needs full commitment by the patients. They need to understand that their health is their responsibility. For me to be able to help them they must first believe in what I am telling them. If you don’t believe don’t come.
My estimate is that, after all is said, I am left with about 30 percent of patients who really want to get well. To me the 70 percent who disappear does not represent any loss of income because I charge no consultation fee. The more people come to me, the more work I have to do. And I earn nothing!
Why am I so brutal during our first consultation? Why don’t I just say sweet and encouraging words that patients want to hear? This is all about honesty and integrity. I don’t want to mislead you. So I have to be honest. That is my core principle at CA Care.
Over the years, seeing firsthand of what is happening (in addition to reading a lot of books), I have come to learn that there is no such thing as a cure for cancer. And what is most shocking is that peoples in the Cancer Industry, do not even want to find a cure for cancer! Cure means no more huge profit rolling in.
However, even as I tell patients that there is no cure, it does not mean that they just need to go home and live a miserable life waiting to die. Not at all. I have patients who were told that without chemo or radiation they would die within three to six months. The truth is, even after 10 or 20 years, these same patients are still around — alive and kicking! So, the situation need not be hopeless at all. There is still hope if you are willing to do your best. Yes, that statement can give rise to the placebo effects.
So, in spite of no “so sweet talk” at the beginning, some patients did tell me. After talking with you this morning, I already feel good! I am already half cured! Yes, that is the placebo effect. But getting well after taking herbs, is not a placebo effect. I believe it is real healing. You have to see healing happening right in front of your eyes to understand what I mean.
To illustrate my point let me share some cases where patients recovered after being unconscious or in coma waiting to die in the hospital. There is no chance for me to “cook” the placebo effect. I was not even there to talk to them!
Case 1: There was a man, lying in the hospital bed in Sarawak. His story was related by his son after he got well. Each morning, on ward round the specialist in charge skipped seeing him. This case — I don’t want to touch. The liver is not functioning anymore. The patient was left to die, and according to his son, And he also want to die — too painful. The family was ready. They made him a coat so that he would wear it when placed in the coffin. This son however, refused to give up and got to know about CA Care. He did not come to see us but managed to get our herbs anyway. Our tea, Abdominal Distention helped him. This patient recovered. When I visited Sarawak, I requested to talk to this patient. He told me, I am healthier now than I was before I had cancer. He could wake up early every morning to go marketing!
Case 2: Prapti was a young, sweet girl lying in coma in a hospital in Jakarta. She a tumour in her brain. There was nothing anybody could do to help her. One stranger walked pass and told one of the family members to go to Cancer Care. Prapti was fed our herbs and within two weeks she woke up. Gradually Prapti recovered. A year or two later, I met Prapti when I visited Jakarta. I decided to adopt her as my daughter. Prapti went to a seminary, graduated and worked as a trainee pastor. She later got married.
Case 3. She had metastatic lung cancer. She went to the “famous and expensive” doctor for treatment in Singapore. With chemo after chemo and after spending IDR 2 billion, she ended up lying unconscious in a hospital in Medan.
- Juliana had lung cancer and was treated by the best and famous in Singapore. After spending SGD300,000 she ended up like a zombie and had to be wheeled into our centre.
Let me end by asking you to listen to this video … what I said some 20 years ago!
Seorang pria berusia 35 tahun datang ke CA Care pada suatu pagi di bulan November 2018.
Kata-kata pertamanya adalah: Pak Baktia mengirimi Anda salamnya. Saya keponakannya.
Chris: Keponakannya! Bagaimana keadaan Baktiar sekarang?
Keponakan: Menang sangat sehat. Lebih sehat dari saya.
C: Luar biasa. Ketika pertama kali Pak Baktiar datang ke sini, kulitnya gelap, seluruh tubuhnya gatal. Dia benar-benar beruntung dan diberkati. Mungkin suatu hari saya akan pergi ke Aceh dan mengunjunginya.
Apa yang begitu istimewa dari pasien ini?
TUJUH TAHUN LALU BAKTIA DATANG KE CA CARE
Baktia, 56 tahun, didiagnosis menderita kanker kepala pankreas dan proses uncinate dengan penyumbatan saluran empedu.
Dia menolak operasi tetapi menjalani ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography). Tiga stent (selang) plastik dipasang untuk membantu aliran empedu.
Setelah ERCP, Bak menolak kemoterapi. Dia datang ke CA Care pada 10 April 2011.
Berikut adalah masalahnya pada hari itu.
- Gatal di seluruh tubuh
- Kulitnya gelap
- Tidak ada nafsu makan
- Tidak bisa tidur
- Air kecing kuning
Bak menjalani e-Terapi. Setelah satu sesi e-Terapi, gatal berkurang. Setelah dua sesi, rasa gatalnya berkurang hingga 50 persen. Setelah empat sesi, rasa gatalnya hilang.
Bak demam. Setelah minum segelas teh Appetite & Fever, demamnya lansung hilang!
Dia pulang ke Aceh.
Bak harus kembali ke dokter bedahnya setiap enam bulan untuk mengganti stent plastik itu.
Pada 5 Oktober 2011, Bak mengatakan sejak mengkonsumsi herbal pada April 2011, kesehatannya membaik.
Dia merasa lebih nyaman, tidurnya lebih baik dan dia merasa lebih bertenaga.
Sebelumnya dia harus bangun empat hingga lima kali semalam untuk buang air kecil. Setelah minum teh A-Kid-6, frekuensi buang air kecilnya berkurang menjadi hanya satu kali semalam.
Tes darah yang dilakukan pada 5 Oktober 2011 menunjukkan GGT, AST dan CA 19,9 semakin baik (Tabel, Kolom 3).
EMPAT TAHUN KEMUDIAN
Januari 2015: hampir empat tahun kemudian, istri Bak datang ke pusat kami. Pertanyaan pertama kami padanya adalah, Bagaimana kabar Bak? Apakah dia baik-baik saja?
Istri: Bersyukur. Sekarang bisa bawa mobil sendiri.
C: Sebelum jumpa saya, bisa bawa mobil?
I: Tidak, saya yang bawanya.
C: Jadi, dia sehat sekarang?
I: Ya, sehat.
C: Apakah dia kembali jumpa dokternya?
I: Tidak perlu mengganti selang itu lagi. Dulu setiap enam bulan, kita perlu tukar selang baru. Jadi kami melakukan ini dua kali setahun.
Pada Agustus 2014, dokter mengatakan tidak perlu memasang stent baru lagi. Jika dia sakit kuning, segera kembali ke rumah sakit.
C: Selama bertahun-tahun, dokter pernah sarankan untuk melakukan kemoterapi?
I: Saya telah memberi tahu dokter bahwa suami saya sedang mengkonsumsi herbal. Saya bertanya kepada dokter apakah ini baik-baik saja. Dia menjawab, “Saya tidak tahu” dan dia hanya tersenyum. Dokter tahu bahwa suami saya mengkonsumsi obat herbal Anda.
Untuk lebih lanjut: