by Yeong Sek Yee & Khadijah Shaari
The author, Dr James Forsythe, MD, HMD is a board-certified medical oncologist and also a board-certified homeopath. In that capacity of an integrative oncologist, he serves as both a standard-medicine oncologist and also a homeopath capable of administering non-toxic and effective natural therapies that traditional doctors shun.
In his Century Wellness Clinic (http://www.centurywellness.com) in Reno, Nevada, Dr Forsythe introduces options, hope, healing and recovery in treating cancer. He integrates conventional and complementary treatments with proper nutrition playing a big role in his treatment of cancer patients at his clinic. Why does he place so much emphasis on nutrition? Here are some reasons:
- The primary culprits in igniting most cancers are the foods we eat…the danger intensifies due to the contaminated environment loaded with excessive carcinogens, radiation and deadly chemicals.
- What we choose to eat or to avoid ingesting play a critical role in overall recovery and for maintenance of good health.
- Up to 70% of cancers are caused by inadequate diets or eating the wrong foods such as meals likely to generate free radicals or carcinogens.
- What we consume in today’s fast-paced society contains extremely harmful chemicals.
- Many patients had been wrongly led to believe by other medical professionals that standard chemotherapies or high-priced drugs were the only viable or potentially helpful treatments.
Dr Forsythe further lamented that “greedy, selfish and profit-oriented major pharmaceutical companies and the mainstream standard medical industry refrain from championing good nutrition to battle cancer. In fact, these entities only push expensive drugs–some of which are of questionable effectiveness and also poisonous chemotherapies, many of which are ineffective.” (Read Chapter 3 “Greedy Big Pharma Shuns Diet Benefits” and Chapter 4 “Some Standard Doctors Inflict Damage”).
According to Dr Forsythe’s vast experience in treating cancer patients, almost all allopathic physicians fail to tell cancer patients of the urgent need to have healthy diets to assist in their recovery particularly amid standard poisonous chemotherapy and radiation treatments. However, the diet recommendations in the Forsythe Anti-Cancer Diet are not something mysterious. A lot of the diet suggestions are shared by many other integrative doctors and oncologists as well as alternative/complementary practitioners. Some of Dr Forsythe’s dietary recommendations are:
- Refrain from all simple sugars for life–no matter what type of cancer you have. Cancer essentially loves and thrives on–and even needs–sugars in order to survive and to thrive while ravaging the human body.
- Avoid acidic foods–the disease thrives in acidic environments. Meat and a huge percentage of processed synthetic meals are acidic–such as chemical-laden foods like hot dogs, bacon, sugar-laden snacks, ice cream, candy, soft drinks and other foods that have been highly modified.
- Junk food or extremely unhealthy highly processed microwaveable meals and snacks sold in plastic containers and wrappers.
- Avoid all GMO/bioengineered foods. The ‘gut’ of the human body is not equipped to efficiently process bioengineered foods. Big food producers spray crops with dangerous cancer-causing chemicals or to cram meals with unnatural additives and preservatives during the processing phase.
- Avoid refined wheat–today’s wheat has so many highly complex sugars that eating a single slice of wheat bread possesses far more sugars than a single candy bar.
- Avoid drinking chlorinated water–an improperly functioning intestinal tract can prevent the body from absorbing adequate or necessary nutrients.
- Eat fermented foods to strengthen the intestinal tracts–food like yogurts, probiotics, sauerkraut or kimchi.
- Farm animals intended for eventual use as human food are fed new substances or medicines such as hormones and prescription antibiotics. When eating meat, people eventually get contaminated with these potentially cancerous substances.
- Eat a variety of foods deemed to have antioxidant attributes that enable the body to fight or to remove free radicals (remember free radicals causes cancer).
- Dangers of food preparation–grilling, barbecuing, overheating, frying of foods creates free radicals and carcinogens.
- Eat food loaded with flavonoids–onions, berries, white/green tea, parsley, pulse, citrus fruits, etc.
- Eat natural antioxidants such as Vitamin C and Vitamin E, resveratrol and carotenoids.
- Avoid all forms of “trans fats” also called “unsaturated fats” which is often blamed for generating free radicals that cause inflammation.
- Increase intake of Omega-3 fatty acids such as oily fish, flaxseed and lots of vegetables.
- The processing of many sweet-tasting foods often involves extremely dangerous mercury. This intensifies white sugar’s already-serious dangers. A good example is high-fructose corn syrup, which is an unnatural food found nowhere in nature. Multiplying the danger, the production (of HFCS) involves caustic soda that scientists admittedly call “mercury grade”. HFCS is used in all soda pop, canned soups, salad dressing, cereals, packaged and canned foods. So read the labels carefully.
- Buy only organic produce–you’ll minimize the amount of toxins that your body needs to process.
- Avoid fruits and vegetables that are intentionally exposed to radiation. Irradiation (so called “sterilization of food”) exposes these crops to “ionizing radiation” which is carcinogenic (Read our article “The Dark Side of Radiation Therapy” at the following link: https://cancercaremalaysia.com/2014/05/24/the-dark-side-of-radiation-therapy/).
- The eating of irradiated foods becomes tantamount to exposing the body to the ravages of nuclear fallout or a nuclear explosion.
In summary, Dr Forsythe’s main theme is to eat natural, whole and unprocessed foods– essentially a plant-based diet. There are many, many more books similar to the Dr James Forsythe dietary recommendations and a lot of them are written by medical doctors and cancer researchers.
A cancer patient’s survival could hinge on diet during treatment. Most standard oncologists never mention or discuss this issue with their patients. Many allopathic physicians are likely to scoff at a cancer patient’s questioning about the need for natural, untainted foods.
Did it happen to you? Share with us your experience.
Dr Forsythe has written 2 other best-sellers which your oncologist will not recommend you to read:
- THE COMPASSIONATE ONCOLOGIST…What Cancer Specialists Don’t Want You To Know.
- TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR CANCER…Integrating the Best of Alternative and Conventional Treatments.
In addition, Dr Forsythe is also featured in the Suzanne Somer’s book, KNOCKOUT…Interviews with Doctors who are Curing Cancer and you can listen/watch Dr Forysthe on YouTube at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eHWwqVEpjY
Dr Forsythe is no ordinary doctor or consultant….you can read his full biodata at the following link: