Naga (H568) is a 46-year-old male. In July 2010, he lost his voice. He went to a government hospital for a check-up. He was told that nothing was wrong with him. Later, he went to another government hospital. A scope was performed and again he was told nothing was wrong with him.
In November 2010, Naga had breathing difficulties. A CT scan done at a private hospital indicated lung tumour. A biopsy was performed and confirmed it was a cancer. Naga was asked to undergo six cycles of chemotherapy. He received the first cycle of chemotherapy on 17 February. His wife said since then he suffered severe side effects. On 3 April 2011, he came to our centre asking for help. This was three days after receiving the third cycle of chemotherapy.
The side effects he suffered were:
- Unable to eat
- Unable to sleep
- No energy to even walk
- Difficulty breathing and breathlessness
- Severe stomach pain
The following video recording on 3 April 2010 demonstrated how Naga, his wife and I, agonized over the issue of chemotherapy. There is nothing much I could do to help. That is the way it is. The only thing I could offer is for Naga to take the Chemo-Tea which generally helps patients in a situation like this.
Surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy and the newly introduced targeted drugs are the “gold standard” of cancer treatment. But the success of this standard treatment remains controversial. Reynold Spector wrote: “The war on cancer has not gone well. Although there has been some progress in the war on cancer initiated by President Nixon in 1971, the gains have been limited” (1). After conducting much research on cancer Guy Faguet came to the conclusion that “the current cancer treatment is based on flawed concept. The cell-kill approach has failed to achieve its objectives” (2).
The sacred cow in the paddock is chemotherapy which seems to be losing its luster. Chemo-drugs are designed to kill cancer cells, but being non-selective and non-discriminating, they also kill the actively dividing healthy cells of the body. For this reason the bone marrow cells, hair cells, cells lining the mucous membrane and the digestive system, reproductive cells of the testes and ovaries, etc., are also destroyed by the chemo-drugs. In fact, all anti-cancer drugs approved by the US-FDA are toxic and they compromise or destroy a patient’s immune system, thus reducing its ability to provide natural resistance to the body (3).
Let me invite you to some take time and ponder on the wisdom of the following quotations:
- Everybody knows that our present cancer drugs are lousy ~ Wolfgang Wrasidlo, director of drug development, Scripps Clinics, La Jolla, California (4).
- Drugs for cancer are only effective in 25% of the patients ~ Allen Rose, worldwide vice-president, Glaxo-SmithKline (5) .
- Chemotherapy is an attempt to poison the body just short of death in the hope of killing the cancer before the entire body is killed. Most of the time it doesn’t work ~ John Lee et al (6).
- Chemotherapy has been misused to just prolong the dying process and enrich the drug companies and “health care industry” ~ Philipp Shepard, M.D. (7).
- If we didn’t kill the tumour, we killed the patient ~ William Moloney.
- Reynold Spector. The war on cancer- a progress report for skeptics. 2010. http://www.csicop.org/si/show/war_on_cancer_a_progress_report_for_skeptics
- Guy Faguet. The war on cancer: an anatomy of failure – a blueprint of the future. Springer, 2005.
- Chris K. H. Teo. Cancer: what you need to know about surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, pharmaceutical drugs and the politics of medicine. 2003. CA Care Publication.
- Barry Sears. Enter the zone, pg.164. Regan Book. 1995.
- Daily Express, UK. 8 Dec. 2003, The Sun, Malaysia. 9 Dec. 2003.
- John Lee, David Zava & Virginia Hopkins. What your doctor may not tell you about breast cancer. Wellness Central. 2003.
- http://ejtcm.com/2011/03/17/effectiveness-or-ineffectivenes-of-chemotherapy-part-1-what-some-oncologists-say-%E2%80%A6/ Comment, 11 April 2010.