by Yeong Sek Yee & Khadijah Shaari
The author, Dr. Kelly A. Turner is a researcher, lecturer, and consultant in the field of integrative oncology. Her specialized research focus is the Radical Remission of cancer, which is a remission that occurs either in the absence of conventional medicine or after conventional medicine has failed. Dr. Turner has a B.A. from Harvard University and a Ph.D. from the University of California, Berkeley.
While getting her Ph.D. at the University of California, Berkley, Dr. Turner was shocked to discover that no one was studying episodes of radical (or unexpected) remission—when people recover against all odds without the help of conventional medicine, or after conventional medicine has failed. She was so fascinated by this kind of remission that she embarked on a year-long trip around the world, travelling to ten different countries to interview fifty holistic healers and twenty radical remission cancer survivors about their healing practices and techniques. Her research continued by interviewing over 100 Radical Remission survivors and further studying another 1000 similar cases.
The results of her extensive study, which initially focused on seventy-five factors, were subsequently narrowed down to 9 key factors that Dr. Turner found common among nearly every Radical Remission survivor she has studied. She goes into much more details about these 9 key factors in the book. In fact, each factor has its own chapter, as well as stories of how patients used these factors to participate actively in their healing journey.
Below are the 9 common key factors that these patients with radical remissions employed:
1. Radically changing your diet.
2. Taking control of your health.
3. Following your intuition.
4. Using herbs and supplements.
5. Releasing suppressed emotions.
6. Increasing positive emotions.
7. Embracing social support.
8. Deepening your spiritual connection.
9. Having strong reasons for living.
Out of the above 9 key factors that were associated with cases of remission and healing, only 2 of them were physical – radical diet change, and taking herbs and supplements, but surprisingly, the other seven were mental and emotional factors such as following intuition, releasing suppressed emotions, increasing positive emotions, embracing social support received from friends and family, and having a spiritual practice.
Besides the 9 key factors, Dr Turner identified three main types of cancer patients:
- Those who chose western medicine and holistic methods to treat their cancer,
- Those who chose only holistic methods,
- Those who chose western medicine exclusively and then later turned to holistic methods as a last resort.
The common factor in all these 3 types of patients is that all saw similar and amazing results and all experienced a dramatic shift in their healing.
Dr Kelly Turner’s book, Radical Remission shows that it is possible to triumph over cancer, even in situations that seem hopeless. Encompassing diet, stress, emotions, spirituality, and other factors that profoundly affect our health and well-being, Turner’s discussion of how our choices can cause the seemingly miraculous to happen will open your eyes to what is possible when it comes to lasting healing.
This is a book for those who are in the midst of receiving conventional cancer treatment, who are looking for other options because the present treatment has done all that it can, or who seemingly have no options left but still feel that the future holds the possibility of hope.
If you wish to read more about radical remissions or more of Dr Turner’s work, do visit her website at www.RadicalRemission.com or listen to the following YouTube videos:
1) Radical Remission Book Trailer with Dr. Kelly Turner
2) Healing Cancer Naturally: Dr. Kelly Turner on Glimpse TV
3) Radical Remission! Amazing research on how people heal cancer
4) Radical Remission from Cancer with Kelly Turner
5) Radical Remission Interview with Jeannine Walston (brain cancer)
6) Radical Remission Survivor Interview: Chris Wark (colon cancer)
If you are interested to read more books on how the mind, body and spirit can heal the body, we recommend the following (there are lots more):
1) MIND OVER MEDICINE…Scientific Proof That You Can Heal Yourself by Dr Lissa Rankin, MD.
2) YOU CAN HEAL YOUR LIFE…by Louise L. Hay…book and DVD.
3) THE BIOLOGY OF BELIEF: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter, and Miracles by Bruce H. Lipton, PhD.
You must be logged in to post a comment.