CB (H894) was 74 years old when he was diagnosed with lung cancer. His daughter came to seek our help on 25 May2012.
CB’s problem started two weeks prior to his daughter’s visit. He had coughs and became breathless. He was brought to a private hospital where fluid was tapped out of his lung.
His CEA on 8 May 2012 showed 13.18 (High). Pleural fluid (fluid from the lung) showed atypical cells suggestive of small cell carcinoma.
Preliminary scanogram on 10 May 2012, showed right pneumothorax of approximately 40 percent and partial collapse of the right upper lobe and total collapse of the right lower lobe.
Bilateral small pleural effusions are seen in the bases.
According to the doctor, the only treatment available for CB is chemotherapy. There is no other option. There will be no cure, only control the cancer. At best he has 6 to 12 months to live.
Since he was already old the family decided not to do any chemo.
CB’s condition at that time:
1. Breathing difficulty.
2. Cough with white phlegm.
3. Bowel movements, 2 to 3 days once.
4. No appetite.
5. Unable to sleep.
We prescribed Capsule A, Lung 1 and Lung 2, Lung Phlegm, Cough 5, Constipation and Gastric paste.
Chris: Who asked you to come and see me?
Daughter: Alice told me about you. She was your student some years ago.
This was what I told CB’s daughter:
- I can’t cure your father! It all depends on him – whether he wants to take care of himself or not.
- If he does not believe in what we do, there is no point coming here. You must believe first.
- If you believe your doctor, then go and see the doctor. But some people refuse medical treatment, then it will be a different story.
- The herbs are bitter – not nice to the taste, awful smell, etc. Can you father stand that? Some people cannot accept that.
- He has to take care of his diet. Cannot eat anything he likes. He must understand this first. Only then can he take care of himself.
- There is no such thing as “magic bullet”.
- I suggest that you don’t take any herbs first. Go home and discuss with your family. There is no point wasting money and time. He has to be committed. That is the important thing. Then don’t take meat, sugar, table salt, dairy products and oil.
- If he cannot take care of his diet, there is nothing I can do to help him.
Up to this day, I did not get to meet CB at all. He did not come to our centre. in fact, CB’s case of out of our “radar”.
However, on 11 June 2014, i.e. two years later, I happened to “bump” into CB’s daughter when she came to collect herbs for her father.
Chris: How is your father doing.
Daughter: Okay, no problem, no complaints.
C: Amazing – it has been more than 2 years now. He can eat, can sleep and has no complaints? Cannot ask for more!