YN is a 54-year-old Indonesian lady. She had problems with her lungs. The doctor in Surabaya diagnosed it as TB. YN had been taking TB medication for the past seven months. Her condition did not improve.
YN then did a CT in May 2008.
The result showed:
- 8 x 5.5 x 5.5 cm mass in right lung.
- Segmental atelectasis, that is collapse of one or several segments of a lung lobe.
- Multiple subcentimeter nodule in both lungs.
- Subcentimeter lymphadenopathy (swelling of the lymph node).
- Fluid in the lung.
- Gallbladder stone.
- Thyroid lesion, 1.5 cm.
YN came to the cancer hospital in Penang. The doctor wanted to perform a biopsy and if cancer is confirmed YN will have to undergo chemotherapy.
YN refused further medical treatment and came to seek our help instead.
Chris: Why don’t you want to go for chemo?
YN: My late husband had colon cancer and had surgery in Singapore. Then he had six cycles of chemotherapy at another private hospital in Singapore. He died immediately after receiving the sixth treatment. In all we spent about 1 milyar (one thousand million rupiah) for his treatments. And he died within six months after his diagnosis.
C: Did the doctor say chemo can cure your husband?
YN: Yes ,he said chemo can cure! So, I don’t want any chemo. I shall try your herbs and if they help me, I shall come back to see you again.
Having seen the CT scan (above) I explained to YN that taking our herbs would NOT cure her at all. To help her may be but to cure, no. YN understood this.
I was a bit more curious. Most Indonesian men smoke and ended with lung cancer. YN does not smoke. What about her working environment? She sells things at a store in the market.
YN told me that in 2011, she had a hysterectomy in a hospital in Jakarta. Was it cancerous? YN did not know.
Then in 2013, she had another operation to remove her ovary. Again, was it cancerous. YN did not know either.
Looking at the scan and know her medical background, it appears to me that YN has metastatic lung cancer — I cannot figure out how the doctor ever diagnose her with TB.
Part 1: YN first visit
Two Months on Herbs
YN came back to see us again after taking the herbs. Her condition has improved very much.
- All pains throughout the body were gone after taking herbs for a month. Before the herbs, she had pain all day long.
- She used to have pain in the left side of her chest. This was also gone.
- She was still unable to sleep due to the coughs. Unfortunately the Cough 5 and Cough 6 that we prescribed did not work for her because each time she was taking only one TEAspoonful instead of the recommended 2 or 3 TABLEspoonful.
- YN was not able to sleep flat and needed to be propped up when lying down. For this, I suggested that YN add in Lung Phlegm into her lung tea. The problem could be due to fluid in her lung (pleural effusion).
- YN does not feel tired anymore after taking the herbs. She can also climb up the stairs. Before this she was always tired and unable to climb up the stairs.
- The problem of wind in her stomach disappeared after taking our Gastrovit herb.
- Breathing is normal now. Before YN was breathless.
- Before seeing us, her right ear oozed out blood. This happened about once in every two weeks. After being on our therapy, this problem resolved.
Before YN came to see us for this second visit, she did a chest X-ray. According to the doctor her condition had deteriorated and she has much “less hope” now compared to before.
Chris: Before you came, did the doctor say medical treatment can cure you? Any hope?
YN: He said I have no hope. Now, he said I have much more “no hope”.
C: Two months ago, before taking the herbs, you had so many problems. And now most of the problems are gone. You are much better now. And the doctor said you have even LESS hope now. Do you believe what he told you?
YN: No, I never believe him.
Part 2: Better after taking the herbs