For 13 months, GG was treated with Tarceva and Zometa for her lung cancer. About seven months on Tarceva and Zometa, GG started to have serious problems: double vision, eyes highly sensitive to bright light, ear ringing, legs with no strength, severe muscle pull at the neck. GG did ask the doctors if the sufferings that she had to endure was due to the side effects of the treatment, i.e. due to the Tarceva and Zometa. The doctors categorically denied that her suffering was NOT due to the treatment!
GG told us that in the next few days, she would have to see her oncologist again. Since Tarceva is not effective anymore, she will be told to take another new drug. Because of the severe headache, she would consult the brain specialist again. All along, MRI showed nothing in the brain.
Sensing that GG is still not done with her doctors yet, I suggested that GG go and see her doctors first. There is no need to panic or rush to do something.
I told GG to find out in more detail what the oncologist has to offer her. The oncologist had indicated earlier that GG might be prescribed a new drug. This is more expensive (about RM10,00 per month). She will have to pay for this — so the deal of free Tarceva for life vanished.
For this new drug, besides the cost, I reminded GG to ask if it can cure her or not. GG quickly responded, “But I cannot afford” to pay for the treatment anymore. After all she had spent more than RM100K thus far. She is running out of funds. Her health insurance would only pay RM50K per year for her medical treatments.
I assured GG and if everything else fail, she can come and see us again. I shall do my best to help her.
I warned GG that our CA Care Therapy is not easy to follow. The herbs has to be boiled. It is smelly and taste awful. Besides she cannot eat anything she likes. No oil, no sugar and don’t eat anything that walks (i.e. with legs).
Then my last shot. I asked GG whom she prays to. GG prays to Kuan Yin, the Goddess of Mercy. I suggested that GG go home and pray first and ask Kuan Yin for guidance — whether she should continue with the medical treatment or opt out of medical treatment and start following our therapy.
In this way, no one can make us a scapegoat if GG never get well or die.
Two days after sending GG home without any herbs, GG came to see me again.
Chris: Did you talk to Kuan Yin? What did she say?
GG: It is okay to take your herbs.
Decide for yourself how truthful it is the doctors when they told GG about the side effects of the treatment. Is it the whole truth? Read what doctors say about themselves.
So, don’t swallow everything that the doctors say. Google side effects of Zometa / side effects of Tarceva and see what you get!
Let me share with you what I got.
Side effects for Zometa
- Bone Pain
- Feeling Weak
- High Blood Pressure
- Low Amount Of Magnesium In The Blood
- Low Amount Of Phosphate In The Blood
- Low Amount Of Potassium In The Blood
- Trouble Breathing
- Chronic Trouble Sleeping
- Feel Like Throwing Up
- Fluid Retention In The Legs, Feet, Arms Or Hands
- Flu-Like Symptoms
- Head Pain
- Inflammation Of Skin Caused By An Allergy
- Inflammation Of The Eye
- Intense Abdominal Pain
- Joint Pain
- Low Energy
- Muscle Pain
- Throwing Up
- Urinary Tract Infection
INFREQUENT side effects
- Abnormally Low Blood Pressure
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Decreased Blood Platelets
- Low Level Of Granulocytes In The Blood
- Difficulty Swallowing
- Excessive Sweating
- Feeling Agitated
- Loss Of Appetite
- Numbness And Tingling
- Painful, Red Or Swollen Mouth
- Taste Problems
- Upper Abdominal Pain
RARE side effects
- Acquired Decrease Of All Cells In The Blood
- Acute Kidney Failure
- Atypical Femoral Fracture
- Blurred Vision
- Bone Necrosis Of The Jaw Bone
- Fanconi’s Syndrome
- Giant Hives
- High Amount Of Potassium In The Blood
- Hypersensitivity Drug Reaction
- Inflammation Of The Iris – The Colored Part Of The Eyeball
- Inflammation Of The Uvea Of The Eye
- Inflammation Of The White Outer Coat Of The Eye
- Kidney Disease With Reduction In Kidney Function
- Life Threatening Allergic Reaction
- Low Amount Of Calcium In The Blood
- Lung Tissue Problems
- Signs And Symptoms At Injection Site
- Slow Heartbeat
- Stevens-Johnson Syndrome
- Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis
- Worsening Of Asthma
- Chest Pain
- Dry Mouth
- Extreme Loss Of Body Water
- Feeling Anxious
- Increased Feeling Of The Skin
- Involuntary Quivering
- Leg Cramps
- Muscle Spasm
- Not Feeling Well
- Pink Eye
Side effects for Tarceva
- Skin changes
- Increased risk of getting an infection
- Loss of appetite
- Sore mouth and ulcers
- Cough and shortness of breath
- Liver changes
- Feeling or being sick
- Numbness or tingling in fingers and toes
- Hair loss
- Tiredness and weakness (fatigue) during and after treatment
- Tummy (abdominal) pain, indigestion and wind (flatulence)
Occasional side effects
- Bleeding from the stomach or bowel
- Cracked skin (skin fissures)
- Swelling around the fingernails
- Eye problems
- Rare side effects
- Liver damage
- A hole in your stomach, food pipe (oesophagus) or bowel
- Abnormal hair growth
Do you need to pay RM100,00 to collect such possible side effects? Think carefully — why do you think GG is suffering so badly now?
My last word. If I have a choice, I would rather NOT take on this case. I am not sure if GG is here just wanting to hunt for a magic bullet. I cannot cure her. But I have no choice. I have to help GG the best I know how, if she is committed to her healing. Let’s see if she turns up again in the next two to three weeks.
From what I can see, right now she is in severe pain and discomforts. My prayer: Oh God, please give me the wisdom to make her life a bit more comfortable.