These are the whatsapp messages I received lately.
Khadijah: Prof, MW, our lymphoma survivor, bought Ko–Gen for his daughter who tested positive for covid. The following conversation is for your information.
MW: Hi Kak, a belated selamat hari raya ya. I need 2 boxes of the covid herbal tea.
K: Someone got covid?
NW: Yeah my youngest daughter.
K: How’s your daughter?
MW: Still has heavy cough and sore throat. I told her to drink the herbs. FYI my daughter is out of her quarantine already.
Prof medicine works, she was coughing the first couple of days, throat were dry, after drinking the medication her throat feels a lot better.
K: Alhamdulillah. I’m reporting this to Dr Teo.
QUESTIONS FOR PERSON INFECTED WITH COVID
· Age: 29, female.
· Vaccination: Yes. Two doses of AstraZenica plus booster dose.
· Symptoms suffered:
3. Sore throat
4. Runny nose
· When did your problems start? 8 May 2022.
· Did you do any test to confirm if it was covid or not? Yes.
· What test did you do: Home-kit.
· Were you on any doctor’s medication? No.
· When did you start taking Ko-Gen herbal tea? 9 May 2022.
· What happened after 1st dose of Ko-Gen = 0 % better.
· What happened after 2nd dose of Ko-Gen = 20 % better.
· What happened after 3rd dose of Ko-Gen = 40% better.
· What happened after 4th dose of Ko-Gen = 60% better.
· In total how time did you toke Ko-Gen? 5 times.
· How are you now? Health 80% restored.
· Did you do any test after taking the herbs – to know if you are still positive? Yes. Still positive even after taking the herbs.
· Do you think Ko-Gen helped you? Yes.
· Did you have any problem with the taste of the herbs? Bad taste.
· After your full recovery do you still have lingering problems such as: ache, cough, lack of energy, etc? Still coughing and sometimes tired.
For your information.
Long Covid affects 10-15 pc of people (https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2022/02/774666/khairy-long-covid-affects-10-15-pc-people)
- About 10 to 15 per cent of people who have been infected with Covid-19 develop prolonged post-infection symptoms known as Long Covid.
- Long Covid presents a vast spectrum of symptoms, where some patients might suffer from shortness of breath and others reported prolonged fatigue, requiring a different treatment.
- Those suffering from Long Covid would usually experience symptoms from four to 12 weeks after recovery, with some patients experiencing such symptoms for even longer.
Long Covid patients take about six months to recover (https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2022/05/10/long-covid-patients-typically-take-about-six-months-to-recover-says-kj)
- Statistics have shown that 60% to 70% of Long Covid patients recover after six months from infection.
- As many as 30% to 40% of patients are able to return back to work within three months of infections, and 60% to 70% of patients within six months.