Acknowledgment: Permission to use this video without having to hide her identity is granted by the patient.
This is a bitter-sweet story of Le, a 37-year-old female from Indonesia. She came to us on 14 October 2011 after having been diagnosed with breast cancer that had probably spread to her lungs. She had undergone 106 radiation treatments besides taking a variety of supplements. She presented with aches and pains throughout her body, especially the joints. Bodily movements were difficult. She could not sleep well and she had coughs.
After four days here, how do you feel now? Le: Healthier. I feel better.
When you came here last Friday (four days ago), compared to to-day, do you feel you are better? Le: Yes. I can walk faster now. I have more energy. It is like I was before I had cancer. When I came here I was still tired and lethargic. But yesterday I could walk from the apartment to the market. My husband took the wrong turn and we missed the market. We had to walk up and down everywhere. But I was alright. I had no problem walking. And I also walked fast. Before I had to drag my feet when walking and my back was hunched.
What about your sleep? Le: Before I came here, I had to wake up five times a night to urinate. I coughed. So my sleep was not good and disturbed. I often had dreams of my loved ones who had died. They came to invite me to “go home”. After I took the herbs and did the e-Therapy I could sleep well. I had no more dreams.
In terms of bodily movements, are you more agile now? I realized the first day you were here, you had difficulty moving your hands, etc. Le: I am back to being a normal person now. I can do the following (demonstrate all the actions):
- Raise my arms up high and straight up.
- Put my hands behind my heads to tie my hair. Before when I had long hair my daughter had to tie my hair for me.
- I can hold the broom and sweep the floor. I can swing my arms.
- I can make my bed and fold the blanket.
- I can bend down and touch the floor with my hands.
- I can bend my wrists.
- I can undress and wear the bra by myself.
- I can fold my legs and cut my toe nails.
- I can climb in bed right away without any having to slide in slowly.
- I can fold my arms and use my little finger to clean my ear.
- I can clap my hands – no pain.
- I can use my hand to smack the mosquito – no pain. Before it was painful even to touch the skin.
- I can snap my fingers and make this clicking sound.
- I can grasp something and bend my fingers.
- When I breathe deeply, there is no more tightness in my chest.
- This morning I walked faster than my husband.
Now you seem to have regained your movements and quality of life. Are you happy? Le: Yes. This is what I have been hoping for. When I was unable to walk I told my pastor that I wanted to die. I have lost all hope. This is because
- Movements were so difficult.
- I can’t even scratch my buttock when I felt itchy. My husband had to help me scratch.
- I could not button my trousers – my husband had to do this for me.
See now, I can twist my body to the right or left without any pain, I can stand on one leg and I can eat rice with my hand.
Now do you still want to die? Le: No, no more.
I really don’t know why I did what I did that Friday night (four days ago). Usually I would only ask you to take the herbs first for a few weeks or months before going into the e-Therapy. However, that night I sensed that you were having much difficulties and so we decided to put you on the e-Therapy right away. I did not know why I did that. Perhaps it was God who was helping you!
Okay, four days on the Therapy. Did you feel good? Le: Absolutely good.
Are you confident now? Le: Absolutely confident. When I came here, I knew that this is God’s answer to my prayers.
When you go home, take the herbs as instructed. Then you must take care of your diet as we have taught you. Exercise. Don’t think too much – relax and take it easy. Don’t stress yourself too much. What is important is to try to live a normal life. Le: My facial appearance looks good now. More “glow”.
Okay, I am real happy. Please take care when you are at home. Remember what we have told you. Do not do anything that is not right. And above all, remember that healing takes time. Have patience.
Read her full story: