Acknowledgment: Permission to use videos and pictures without having to mask the patient’s face is granted by the family.
20 December 2011
- She was unable to urinate. Her bladder felt full and distended. We advised her to seek doctor’s help if the problem persisted.
- Her legs had no strength.
- After the first Detox program, she felt better .
Chris: What do you mean by better?
Patient: My fingers are not tight any more – before I felt tight. I can now move my feet. Before, I was not able to do that.
(Patient stood up with the help of her son – she was not able to this before).
21 December 2011
- She was able to urinate – problem resolved.
- Strength and movements of her legs improved.
What about your breathing?
P: Good. It is getting better.
Okay Ibu, you came yesterday. Compare your condition before you did the therapy yesterday and today after doing the therapy – did you feel any better?
P: Yes, I felt better. I can now stand up. I can walk. I feel more alert.
D: She started to move her bowels again.
Slowly. I believe you will benefit more in the next few days. You are getting better now. Go home and learn how to take care of yourself. Do not do anything that is not right.
D: Mama, it is only one week (on the CA Care Therapy).
I really cannot believe that it was only last week that you were in the hospital on oxygen – and now you are here.
22 December 2011
Patient has undergone three sessions of the e-Therapy.
- Last night was unable to sleep because she had to move her bowels and also urinate (Note: on the first day before the e-Therapy she was unable to urinate).
- Yesterday her bowel movements were six times in the day time and four times at night.
- Because of her frequent bowel movements she was not able to sleep well. She also feel weak.
- Her stomach felt uncomfortable – with churning pain.
- She sometimes coughed with white phlegm.
- Her legs still lacked strength.
23 December 2011
- Her stomach was still painful.
- Bowels movements had reduced to six times.
- Her coughing had improved.
- She still lacked strength in her legs.
24 December 2011
RJ and her family were ready to go home. In the morning we went to visit them in their apartment.
- Patient was doing alright. She had no more pain – the stomach pain she complained about earlier was gone.
- There was no breathing difficulty at all and she was able to sleep flat.
- Her frequent bowel movements were resolved.
- Sleeping was difficult.
- Coughs still persisted.
Daughter: For the past two days, mama was able to walk to the dining table outside to have her food there. Her appetite started to improve. Last night she had difficulty sleeping. Her coughs still persisted. But this was not as bad as when she was in the hospital.